Knight Transport

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by higherwater, Aug 22, 2007.

1. higherwater

higherwater Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2007
    University Place,WA
    Well, where do I start, first you must take a personality test to reveal your personality to the boss (owner) who if your personality conflicts with his this is the first line of being fired here even before you get hired! Then if you pass this test you have a ton of forms to sign but WAIT!!! Do not sign so fast! because he has a contract that if you are hurt on the job he not only do you not get to get hurt, but he recupes any money lost out of your Bonus for working so hard at the end of your year so do not get hurt! so if you lose, lets say,3 days of work, you lose your pay + the money he recupes for L&I plus the injury you incured on the job. But if you go to the Washington State Courts website and type in knight transport you may see he has trouble paying his L&I bills! Okay now we have made it past this point we are hired now you have to deal with the meat of the program or better known as "Dispatch" where you get wrong information all the time if you can get a hold of the dispatcher or anyone for that matter. Most of the time you must sit and wait for his call back and if you call him he has long forgot about you at this time and discover he has nothing for you and now you must wait for tomorrow for a run. You are paid by percentage which is a ripoff, it is designed for the owner to take all the creme income off the top of the run. they have had problems in the past paying o/o correctly or at all. The race must come first! Oh yea you are supporting the race cars! you may see the owner of this small company a couple times in your short lived career cause he will be off racing somewhere. If the dispatcher is off most of the time you may get help somewhat but be careful they give you a phone you must do there job like calling for directions or correct directions or if they give you wrong pickup numbers you must correct them yourself. They do not have direct deposit so you must pick up your check each week and take it to the bank rather than ejoying your day or time off. They advertise over half of employees have been there over 5 years that is because the turnover rate there is high. And they do not have that many employees.Well enough about me take a tour kick a tire or too or just ask one of the newly hired people. be strong because they will ask you to drive under the gun, there phrase is "do your best"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    I hired on about 4 yrs ago and orientation wasnt near that bad---but I believe you as to what they want 2day!! Yes, they believe that ALL accidents & injuries are preventable and usually the driver's fault! I get 1-day auto deposit as a company driver---only getting Detention pay can be a problem. But know by looking out in the Phx yard each week that many O/O's who bought their used Centurys thru Knight have turned them in. I hear they pay O/O's just enuf with all 'the constraints & hidden costs' to have them make just a little profit---dont get rich! :biggrin_25513:

Knight, whose initial success was as a 'Driver's Company' has become very $$$ grubbing and max profit orientated over the past 5-6 years, and is NOT the same Co. they used to be...:biggrin_25513:

4. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    For a minute there I thought you were talking about Knight Transportation based in Phoenix.... This would be a lie!

But I forgot that there is a KNIGHT TRANSPORT based in Washington... and this must be who your refering to.

5. higherwater

higherwater Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2007
    University Place,WA
    Yes the Knight Transport that I am refering to is in Tacoma,WA and I might even add more to this. the major problem with this company there is more playing going on than work. Bill collectors are not getting paid because the race cars are being fixed at drivers expense and safety. They are currently losing business because they will only work for top dollar and let the company driver suffer as a result. That is one of the reasons for the high turnover. One of the surprising things is that one of the broker\dispatcher is retired state patrol and turns a blind eye to most of this and some of it not. For a funny thing about this company is they do celebrate the drivers birthday by buying him a cake but the management eats it because the driver is on the road and usaully does not get to enjoy this or even see it!:biggrin_25523:

6. roadtime549

roadtime549 Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2008
    FL
    I'm glad I read this . I didn't know therewas a "Knight" in WA, thx

7. trk367

trk367 Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2008
    vermillion,ohio
    well im talking about knight in az, if you like running illegal ,waiting for loads for 24 hrs,and the more miles you run the lower your mileage pay is,also dont plan on hometime they get you home when they feel like it,but for the first 3-4 mths you will do fine after they see they cant run you the way they want to,you will certainley find out just how knight operates,,here is what happened to me,[long story short],. i had to come home my father was in hospitali told them i couldnt del load,to try to get another truck to come and get the load,said they had no other truck to do this.soi quit them and had them come to my house and get truck 2 weeks later my father passed away and i try to go back to work,but cant because they have put on my dac report that i abaneded the truck..i dont know about the other terminals but stay away from hiring in at the columbus ohio terminal.you dont have to believe anything i write here just go to work for them and you will see,i really dont recomend it but you know.

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Well, that shouldn't surprise you. Anytime you don't deliver the truck where they want you to they will hit you with abandonment, even if it's a different terminal.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.