Knight Transportation... Good Or Bad????

Discussion in 'Knight' started by DessMan, Feb 18, 2013.

1. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    You forgot about them paying a reduced rate on deadhead and no fuel surcharge on deadhead. Lots of nickel and dime stuff on related costs as well.

tirednaz Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. p34ch3s

p34ch3s Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2012
    The drivers that I've talked to out of the katy terminal said that they do really decent. .but like drozzer said, not o/o.

4. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I was talking to the office people one time and the fuel surcharge they were charging the customer was 56 cents a mile, and the O/O were only getting 32 cents a mile for the fuel surcharge. And yeah, you never want a Knight shop to work on your rig, unless you want to become really friendly with the road service people. One shop did a oil change and forgot to put on the rubber gasket on the filter. At least we know one truck now has complete rust-proofing done on the frame.

5. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Least they where consistent. The shop kept the company trucks half broken too.

6. Sojourn14

Sojourn14 Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Illinois
    After reading this thread I'm afraid to ask, but....how is it for company drivers from the Joliet, IL terminal?

p34ch3s Thanks this.
  7. p34ch3s

p34ch3s Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2012
    I got stuck in joliet for almost a week cuz my firat truck broke down there. None of the drivers based out of there that I talked to complained about anything. Nice ladies in the office. Shop guys were ok.. just didn't listen to what I said cuz im a female of course..overall.. not a bad vibe in there.

Sojourn14 Thanks this.
  8. rtruckin972

rtruckin972 Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2013
    can someone tell me about the hutchinson terminal is any good and about how many miles a week they average from that terminal

9. Menehune

Menehune Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Anyone familiar with the Kent,Wa. terminal?

10. azsteve

azsteve Light Load Member

May 9, 2014
    How about phx terminal ..good ...bad ? Are they getting miles. I planned on starting with them in Aug. But having a hard time getting anyone to return my calls. Might have to consider swift

11. GabeScott

GabeScott Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Swift is much worse then Knight, ask any Central driver.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.