Knight Transportation, Inc. - Phoenix, Az.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by white horse, Nov 25, 2006.

1. white horse

white horse Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2006
    :dmage: :laughing8: Ok guys and gals, I am a professional driver,22 years OTH experince,1,250,000 + accident free miles,Resently left Wal-mart after 11 + years.Long story don't ask ! I tried Heart land express which was a JOKE, Then I tried KKW Transportation both companies, I only could handle 6 days each after orrientation,Also create carrires, I didn't even get thru the interview, I was accused by a wantabe driver there with me for an interview,He tells them I'm carring a hand gun.They called the cops on me I was frisked and humilated.I told them to kiss my (a--) and made them pay my way back home or I'd see them in court.Then I got hired at knight transportation.I went to a 3 day orrietation got a truck went home loaded it with my stuff and went to work on sunday. They tell you up front no forced dispatch.Things went ok for a month or so then all hell broke loose.First of all with the experence I have you'd think I'd get top dollar for driving for these clowns,but no,they say all a person wants to hear so you'l stay but it's all B.S.Now is were the fun starts ,if your dispatcher doesn't like the hours that you run , he tells management you that you turn down loads kuss ya don't have hours ,then you are threatened with your job.This happened to me twice.I at first didn't want to start all over again going thru all the crap to get highered for another job,remember this was the 4th job in less than 3 months, Then after I thought it over I desided I was done with this crap.so I went home and cleaned out their truck and took it back to tulare ca.For the record, you dot Get paid for sleeper birth,If their truck breaks down you don't get paid for waiting for their truck to be repaired, even though your at a shop waiting,It's your time ! waiting to get a load you don't get paid.waiting to get unloaded good luck,your time !I had spent several hours away from home for about $300.00 a week because the pay from tuesday to tuesday and if you get a load on monday that delivers wensday it goes into te next week and you never see more than $500.oo a pay check if your that lucky after tax's,Then If you want this new crap called perdiem, they charge you 2 cents a mile to hide how much you really made from the goverenment,then make you think you really made more. It's a joke.I filed a complaint to the main office in phoenix az and got no responce,so I contacted the DOT in washington the day before thanksgiving,They called me back in a hour and hooked me up with an investagator . I logged a complaint with every agency that has control of federal regulations an they are going to stick it to these [richard craniums],I also hired an attorney.They try to get you to run illegaly, out of hours and whats going to hammer them is crossing state lines,. haveing drivers falseifying logs to make loads on time. uuups! guess WHO'S going to turn states evedence? yep thats me.So if ya don't want to go to jail or get screwed stay away from these companies , just thought you all might get the info out cause it's comeing. :toothy10:

Drive-a-Mack, krockodile and seawind Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sinclac

sinclac Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2006
    That's interesting i drove for them and NEVER had any of these problems, i even drove for that terminal.
    Maybe the problem is you, I know one thing for sure you need to use a spell checker.

StormDancer and Morella Thank this.
  4. white horse

Nov 24, 2006
    Well you must be a rookie driver if you worked at that yard,or you don't know any better,post to last post ,check your own spelling,no disrespect to you:smt081I think the info is more important than my spelling.

5. sinclac

sinclac Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Driving longer with more miles then you. No rookie here.

6. TurboTrucker

TurboTrucker Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    I was going to pass this one by, because some things just stand out in your post that speaks for itself, but what the heck...

Driver, you have some issues. Whatever made you quit a position of 11 years, and then to slither through 3 companies in as many months, stands out more than your report about those four companies. And I can tell you that your future is not going to look any better because of it.

You see, I'd be much more interested in understanding what led you to quit Wal-Mart after so long a period of time. It's obvious from what you offer about all these other companies, that none of them could begin to compare to the job you left.

Six days of service with Heartland. An incident where you were suspected of having a handgun at an interview with Crete Carrier, then you made threats to them to facilitate getting you home, after of course, cussing at someone. Then we read this diatribe of how you have filed all these complaints and are supposedly going to bring down Knight Transportation.

Now, because your post is so muddied with all kinds of charges that don't really make sense, you might want to take a little time to clear up a few things, because I am not buying it for a second.

The DOT has no interest, nor any authority to investigate per-diem arrangements that a company desires to make or force upon it's drivers. That is an issue that the IRS controls, and unfortunately, they allowed this to become perfectly legal, and it is exploited every day by many companies to reduce their business taxes. I don't like it, and have studied it, but accepted it for what it is, and do my little deed each year to make the best out of it that I can for myself.

Knight Transportation does indeed suffer some safety issues at the moment. Notwithstanding that fact, your post doesn't really make a good case for informing anyone of what the problems might be, or even if there are any, because you have clouded it with all of this other stuff that makes you look foolish.

As a fellow human being, I'm more concerned with you, and I hope that whatever the situation is, that you can move on from all of this and overcome what has you so torqued up, because that's what I am reading up above and sensing.

Wal-Mart is not going to compare to any other trucking job out here in the OTR segment. You're not going to find a company that treated you, or paid you like Wal-Mart did. That's the bottom line. They don't have a 5% turnover rate for no reason.

If you are cannot or are not willing to retreat and go back to what you had, then you're going to have to sit down and figure out what it is that you are seeking, and then do the homework necessary to find a decent company that meets the standards you seek. Because otherwise, a few more job hops there, and no decent company is going to take a look at you. I'm sure you have realized this yourself.

And if I were you, I'd be looking at my DAC report, because you're going to have some issues on it for sure. Repairing that is going to be in your future, and probably sooner than you would like.

Now, there are a lot of kind people who haunt these forum halls, who would be glad to take some time to guide you in the right direction. I hope you are not too crusty around the edges, because of all this vast experience you have, to understand that you're going to have to soften those hard edges just a wee bit.

I wish you the best.

7. white horse

Nov 24, 2006
    :smt082 yha know, I was just giving people a warning, It was what I experenced. It may not be some thing that happens alot but It happened to me.I didn't expect the same kind of Know it alls that argue on the C.B. on this site ,MY Bad I should have Known Better.Then some one Makes changes on my statement that I did not authorise,Why I left wal-mart has nothing to do with these companies,Or will these companies never compair to wal-mart.Im very awear of things you will never understand .Im sorry I sturd up a rucase,By the way to the know it alls If you are stoped for any reason and they find you some place a head of your log book and you are cross any state lines,It's a felloine,also log book violations will run in the naborhood of around $11,000.00 so by all means get after it make all that good money you think your making,Get involved in a fatality I will visit you in prison if you like. Thanks for the oppertunity to express myself and I won't put any more on your site.:smt039

8. Rook

Rook Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Texas
    Don't let the few outway the many there driver. You have only experienced the attack of one forum noob and one forum admin that shouldn't have edited your post unless it had improper content. Please don't accept this as the representation of the forum as a whole. It was just a bad first impression there are alot of good people here. If you still choose not to return thank you for exercising your rights.

9. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    so W.H. why did you give up wally world. they ar supposed to be on of the elite companies to drive for. that is from what i have heard.

10. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Actually, White Horse, you did authorize appropriate changes to be made to your posts, as a part of the TOS you agreed to when you logged in and registered with the site. Any of the mods or admins that saw your post and read the phrase/epithet you used would have made the same change to your post. There are standards of language and behavior expected here, and that standard was upheld by Turbo, since you chose not to uphold it.

As for your statement that you have logged a complaint with every agency that has control of federal regulations and the fact that you have hired a lawyer, best of luck with this. It's a real challenge for any lawyer to succeed when his client is a multiple time former disgruntled employee, but maybe you will be successful. I will be watching the papers for the results of these lawsuits and the upcoming changes to the industry as a result of your suit.

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Actually, his post did have improper content. "Richard craniums" is a rather amusing euphemism.

Irondog Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.