Knights choose your hometime policy

Discussion in 'Knight' started by rdrnation67, Apr 24, 2011.

1. rdrnation67

rdrnation67 Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Salem Oregon
    Looking at a ad out of portland for regional driver. Anybody know if this 7on 7 off and 14 on and 7 off is true? And if so is your medical insurance more since your not busting your butt for them? Also do they have a chain policy? Ad says 2012 trucks are on their way .Do the new tractors have APU? And what is thir idle policy? Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is
    Knight removes the APUs from the newer trucks so that no trucks have APUs. Something to do with fairness. It's pretty stupid though. I forgot the specifics of their idle policy, but I do remember that if you over-idle past a certain percentage, then your already slow and governed truck will be turned down even more.

4. rdrnation67

rdrnation67 Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Salem Oregon
    Thanks for the info

5. TrucKer 999 TriLLion

TrucKer 999 TriLLion Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Ca
    im barely gettn 2 days off after bein out 4-5 weeks....if i go home saturday....they want me back by monday morning or noon, (phoenix Dispatchers)....they'll already have a load ready/preplanned....plus im not married, no wife or kids.....

6. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Insurance is the same price, but you'll find that makes that Express pay look really small. Knight trucks with an APU? Umm no, You're lucky they have to order them with doors. Their idle policy is please sweat all summer long, thanks.

7. shadowdaddy

shadowdaddy Bobtail Member

May 25, 2011
    I dunno how you do it, brutha. It's impossible to have a life, married or no, working that kinda schedule. I was on 2 weeks on/1 week off, and it still dint seem like enough time, but then again I never liked the road. I simply fell into it because it seemed a good career for someone without a degree. And maybe at one time it was. Now it's a meat grinder. Yur fighting fatigue, schedules, four wheelers who think you're entertainment, in winter it's weather. It's like being in combat, cept you can't shoot back.

For what it's worth, your work is appreciated, if not vocalized, by those of us who know what goes into filling the shelves...

8. deadspade

deadspade Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2011
    hayward,Ca
    sounds like you need to get some ammo and just suck it up bruther no offense we're sappose to be pros at this and yes thats just my newnes talking give me a break lol

9. The Russian

The Russian Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    It's call "OTR". So it's very different kind of life. You can't do BBQ on your back yard every weekend and be OTR trucker at the same time.
    If you never liked the road - stay away from it. No need to torture yourself and pass your dissatisfaction on others.

This forum, especially Knight part of it sounds like bunch of whiny babies.

10. shadowdaddy

May 25, 2011
    Whiny babies? Glad to hear from another highway superhero.

Know what? One size does not fit all, and clearly you never worked for this company so have NO idea what were talking about, so not sure what value your opinion even has. Are you one of those people that tells wounded soldiers to 'suck it up' cuz 'it's war'? That is why companies and corporations see no reason to treat people like human beings, cuz there's always a quisling like you to defend them and just go along, cuz you LIKE being treated like cattle. Least some of us retain our humanity and don't become part of the machine we're driving.

Company robots disgust me. But maybe they'll run you into the ground out there and you'll 'get it' before it's too late. Life isn't a UFC match. We don't have to prove how tough we are to idiots like you.

Guitar Man and bigjoel Thank this.
  11. shadowdaddy

May 25, 2011
    Oh, and had you actually READ the forum, you'd have seen I quit long time ago. I said that on my first post. Don't get condescending with people you don't know until you figure out who they are and why. You choose to be dehumanized, that makes you the fool, not the rest of us. Enjoy the insanity out there, hero.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.