Know of any gyms in your area with large parking lots nearby? I'll pay you $!

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by BBradUMA, Aug 17, 2011.

1. BBradUMA

BBradUMA Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Lets see... you tell me I'm excluding people (like you), tell me you're sorry for "me" and drivers I "want to help," tell me your husband would "fire" me, and then claim you're not upset? Right.

You're obviously taking this personally... and looking for a reason to give me a hard time. You, a moderator on this trucking forum, seemed to feel the need to hijack my thread with your negative comments.

Well done.

There is a large population of drivers out there who would (I believe) use some of their 3-hour window to stay in better shape, if they could do so easily. I'm putting together a free website to try and help professional OTR-drivers do that. I will continue working on my project in hopes that it does help drivers in the future. You and your expired CDL permits can continue to be upset at me for wanting to put out an accurate and beneficial product.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    I just gave you blunt facts. If I were so upset by it, I could simply shut it down.

Now go about your merry way and do as you wish, knowing there are alot of them you are going to miss.

Have a nice day.:biggrin_2559:

4. BBradUMA

Mar 30, 2011
    New Hampshire
    I do not dispute the accuracy of that statement... you make a very good point. The issue is this: I am not a rich individual. I need to make sure that the investment of money I am putting into building my database is being spent wisely. The easiest way to make sure of that is to pay people I can easily confirm are CDL drivers. It isn't so easy to verify someone's status as a professional driver's spouse.

I appreciate and welcome feedback... I'm just not terribly fond of the sarcastic commentary you felt the need to inject into my thread.

5. GuysLady

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    Sarcastic?? FACTS are sarcastic??

6. BBradUMA

Mar 30, 2011
    New Hampshire
    I was referring to the "I could tell you, but I don't think I will" comment. Again, you are correct: there are lots of people who are qualified to know where trucks could fit who do not have CDL's. I don't mean to exclude them... and if they (or you) feel slighted by me for it, I do apologize. I just need to make sure the money I'm putting into this is getting me good intel, yakno? Anyone who reads here could claim to be the spouse of a trucker, and I'd have no way to verify if I was paying for good information.

I hope that when my project is put together you'll look at it and agree that it could be useful, GuysLady. I'm trying to put together a service that I think there would be a demand for... if it existed :)

7. GuysLady

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    I won't give anyone infomation who seems to believe I am unqualified. You still seem to believe that a CDL holder's info is far better than mine, or that of some of the other four wheelers here. Your loss.

I wish you luck, but you're going to be like the dispatcher who ignores the driver's wife who tells him the driver is too sick to drive.

8. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Already his first mistake is only taking it from CDL holders.

Can you imagine the disgruntled cdl holder and revenge?

GuysLady Thanks this.
  9. BBradUMA

Mar 30, 2011
    New Hampshire
    I don't believe you're unqualified. I just have no way to verify that you are qualified. This is my hard earned $ I'm talking about.

No, not at all. I just believe that I can easily confirm someone has experience driving such big vehicles if they snap a photo of their CDL-A and email it to me. I've gotten quite a few submissions from CDL-A's so far.

Thank you :)

10. BBradUMA

Mar 30, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Well, to my two critics, I am going to continue working hard on my project. I hope that my hard work ultimately gains even your seemingly hard-to-win approval :)

11. GuysLady

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    I didn't say I didn't approve. We both wished you luck. We just said you are leaving out ALOT of information.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.