Koch Trucking Minneapolis any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by radiorambo, Aug 5, 2007.

1. freightliner18257

freightliner18257 Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2009
    chicago il
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dammyankee

dammyankee Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2009
    brownsville tx
    Well after 10 weeks of looking for local work, I'm going back to Trucking.:biggrin_2552: I have real mixed feelings about this because I have worked for some real turkeys!:yes2557:I just want to find a company that dose not make me sorry I hired on.:biggrin_2552: I have seen some Koch truck down By Brownsville TX. I know they have good equipment. I haven't heard too many bad things about them.:biggrin_25512: Do they allow pets? Do they Have APUs? Their websit isn't really forth coming or I am not looking at the right place.:biggrin_2552:

4. goose19726

goose19726 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    harrah, ok
    their website is a joke, yes all their trucks have APU's and the equipment is fair, nothing fancy but solid and reliable
    the pay is ok, nothing to write home about and the health insurance is a bad joke
    if home time is important, don't bother with them, they either cannot or will not get you home when you need to be there and for this reason I am looking to change jobs, that and the fact that of the last 9 loads I have hauled, not a single one of them has exceeded 750 miles, which means that I load and unload every single day, which would not be a problem if for some reason the drop and hook stuff had not completly disapeared
    I am at the house now and am taking my digital camera back with me when I go out, if I go back out with them, I am trying to find a local or at least closer to home job in the agricultural sector
    anyone know of companies hiring for grain or livestock hauling? specifically in oklahoma?

man you would think that living at the intersection of I-40 and I-35, and I-44, I would be able to get home when I needed to, after giving them 2 weeks advance notice of my needs

oh yes they also do not allow pets

5. whofeelslove

whofeelslove Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2009
    waupaca,wi
    :biggrin_2552:well goose mate
    im sorry to say that the economy will not get any better and it sucks cause ive been driving T/T for about 3 years and was looking to go OTR but when the economy just went south my buddy who does % load told me to stay put due to no freight moving...i drive just local and cant stand the short runs but have to stick it out till things pick up..:biggrin_25517:

6. goose19726

Feb 24, 2009
    harrah, ok
    well I have had enough, they have had me sitting more than running. I haul a load and then re-set my hours, over and over again.
    when I scheduled my hometime, they think that is the time to run me, instead of getting me home
    they have gotten to the point that they won't answer when I call while sitting, nor will they respond to qualcomm messages
    I have taken this up with the driver liason but he insists that nothing out of the ordinary is occuring, if that is true, then they don't need me
    I am taking a drug test for greatwide transport today, wish me luck because I did not study

7. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Wow..
    They must have dropped off as far as driver treatment is concerned . I thought u were doing ok in the begining did this stuff just start occuring ?
    Sorry for reccomending them did not know that they have stopped to a bad level as they have

Great wide ... From what I hear pull lots of Walmart frozen loads etc at Walmart groc DC's

8. goose19726

Feb 24, 2009
    harrah, ok
    yeah they were pretty goodf at first but then they just dropped the ball big time, I know they got rid of some folks and jenny parker took on more responsibility and thats when things started going downhill (I think she is one of those who believes she don't need truckdrivers to run a trucking company)
    I don't really know why (and nor do I care) things turned off so bad
    I don't think I did naything to make them mad, I did whatecver I was asked to without question and never bothered them for anything, I don't know if I was the only driver this happened to or if there was others

either way it is not something I will tolerate, I am in this business to make money for myself, not to play politics in some second rate trucking company
    I am now working for the greatwide office in OKC, (actually I am working for a fleet owner and being dispatched by greatwide)
    all we do is deliver loads to grocery stores for the local AWG warehouse

9. jamng3

jamng3 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2009
    Oklahoma
    hey Goose,

Hows the pay at greatwide? I'm an O/O in yukon thinking of going over there. Any info greatly appreciated.

10. truckerswife1

truckerswife1 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Hi all, my husband is set for orientation with Koch in a couple weeks. I was curious to see if anyone had any info on them, good and bad. I have been searching on here and could really only find one negative post.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

11. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.