koch trucking

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by rpad139, Oct 28, 2015.

1. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Trying to get more information about koch trucking. There is a dedicated position for best buy dc in Dinuba, CA. Pretty close to where I live. Recruiter told me 2500+ miles a week 42 cents a mile, weekends off, apu in truck.

Anyone work for koch? Let me know your thoughts on this company, good or bad?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rpad139

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
  4. rpad139

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Spoke with a 20 year koch driver in dinuba who was running the best buy account. I took his word on how great the company was, and took a leap of faith and boarded a airplane heading to minneapolis, mn from california.

Upon arriving, a shuttle was arranged to transport about 8 other california drivers to our hotel. Very nice hotel with pool, gym, restaurant, etc...

Orientation was great. Koch really rolled out the red carpet for us. Breakfast, lunch, dinner paid for. Flight is paid for. Everyone has their own hotel room.

Fleet consists of volvo vnl730, prostar international, handful of kenworths. They are moving towards automatic in ALL the trucks. Every truck has an apu,1800watt, inverter, super singles, disc brakes.

This is a pretty small company about 7-800 trucks. Trucks are very nice and looks like they take care of the equipment. They have a lot of dedicated accounts around the midwest and south.

Pretty excited that i was given a 2016 volvo vnl730 automatic with apu, 1800wattinverter, and all the extras.

I believe they are still looking for more drivers out of california. Preferably drivers from the central valley such as fresno, madera, stockton, visalia, with a radius of dinuba. Feel free to ask any questions.

gsmith2332 Thanks this.
  5. amtrack

amtrack Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2012
    How the miles so far

6. rpad139

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Im home right now for thanksgiving. But they gave loads to everyone from orientation in minnesota to california. My first week was about 2500 miles coming from minnesota and delivering in the los angeles area.

After that they had me bobtail home close to dinuba. Havent pulled a load yet for the best buy dc. Ill probably pull my first load on friday.

7. jdr1989

jdr1989 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Are you leasing or company and do you know the pay for both lease and company

8. rpad139

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Dont have any info for the lease. But theyre paying 42 cents a mile for the best buy dedicated account in dinuba for 1year experience...plus bonuses. Im going the company route

9. jdr1989

jdr1989 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Ok thanks. I was thinking of doing lease but they said I'd have to do company first and they said they would put me on there Polaris atv account and that's about all I know.

10. rpad139

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Quick update. So far i have pick up loads going to salt lake city utah, las vegas, st george utah. Deadheas back to dinuba after live unload. All miles paid empty or loaded....42 cents a mile plus bonuses.
    Avg so far 2700 miles a week.

S_Washy, Sneakerfix and amtrack Thank this.
  11. OJTTrucker

OJTTrucker Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Granny Lane
    On the bright-side, they'll make very efficient use of YOUR logbook. I can't count the number of 8/2 splits i ran there. Also the number of times I spent the night in the dock of a BestBuy after arriving at my 5th stop of the day in 3 states, with 20min left on my 14hr.

P.S. Those stories on ripoff report are true, at least they were when I was there. Good Luck

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    Reason for edit: added postscript
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.