KW Suspension air bag question

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Hanadarko, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Onthesideoftheroad

Onthesideoftheroad Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2018
    How do I release are on my Kenworth if I’m stuck under a trailer

2. Onthesideoftheroad

Onthesideoftheroad Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Air I mean

3. RShead

RShead Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2018
    I have a KW 660 and I noticed the bags on my drives looks squished when I’m driving and there’s a loud noise when I’m at 45-60 mph whenever letting off the accelerator or in neutral. Scariest sound I’ve heard on the road other than a tire blowout. Can someone help me ou??

4. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Your leveling valve is bad or leveling rod fell off or is not connected, causing your driveline (driveshaft) angle to not be correct which is causing the the u-joints to bind which is causing the noise.

I would pull over immediately and inspect or repair it before you cause any driveline damage.

5. Mr Bob

Mr Bob Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2015
    If you have the short bags with the big pipe feeding them, getting the pipe off may be challenging. I made a special wrench just for this job. I also diagonal slice the fitting on the bag plate to relieve its grip on the tubing nut. That nut can get stuck on the tubing also. Some heat may help, dont melt the skinny oring. Or you can just buy all new air lines if you have an extra paycheck laying around. Going back together big glops of neversieze will be your best friend for next time.

6. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    I have a 1998 with short bags and small pipe. Originally a AG200 truck but I converted it over to AG400. I've heard stories about how you can improve the ride by changing to the large pipe. Fact or fiction? I took a look at it once but shook my head and walked away looking at the work involved. But the older I get the rougher this truck rides.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.