Kw t680 apu install tripac evo charging problem?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Lure03, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Lure03

Lure03 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Alright this crap has had me stumped for the longest time since i got this tripac, volt reads 13.8 on inverter and truck volt gauge but why does the battery charge main keeps going down...i dont get it please i hope someone can shed some light cause im done trying to figure it out my self. Kw dealer are idiots also thermo king...and always want u to bring the crap in so u can pay up...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lure03

Lure03 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2018
    The battery charge main keeps going down slowly, i sat for 2 days with full ac and not start truck up and when i had to it started fine but the % was down to 51...i re-did the terminals twice and both times what ever number it was at it went back to 99% so im clueless on what that crap gauge is for...

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Is the tripac APU set to start once low voltage is detected? If so, does it come in charge maintain mode? The inverter does not “talk to” or command the APU

But I may not be understanding exactly the problem you’re dealing with.

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  5. Lure03

Lure03 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2018
    The gauge im talking about is on the truck it self it shows the percentage of what state the batterys are in. At 60% if i have autostart enabled the truck would start up and run for like 2hrs then shut back off but i havent really the need for it since before the apu i always idled ans now i have the apu for ac. The apu i usually have it on a/c the whole time. Before i disconnected the batterys yesterday the percent was around 93 and when all done reconnecting them after i cleaned them the % was showing 99...

6. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    My Evolution keeps the batteries at a charged state. They are not kept at full charge. It sounds like your unit is operating properly. Have you had issues with the truck not starting? When I get home, I empty my fridge, turn it off, etc. I have not had any issues with mine.

How old are your batteries? They need to be replaced every two years, at least that is the rule of thumb I use.

7. Lure03

Lure03 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Well the state of charge on mine just keeps going down. I sat for 2 days and it fell to 51% it started fine but really...batterys are but a year old. Got this truck in November with 1.1k miles on it. Even at 51 it started fine but took awhile to get it to 100%

Attached Files:

8. Lure03

Lure03 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2018
    If i disconnected tge battery terminals that number would go to 99% its done it twice cause i didnt know to not put dielectric grease between the terminals so i cleaned them off and put only on top

9. Lure03

Lure03 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Also about if its setup if the batterys get low..u know how hot it is out here? Lol ac stays on it should charge while its on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.