KW to discontinue W900?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Aces-N-Eights, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Welcome to capitalism, if it actually mattered to as many people as it supposedly does, you would not need emissions laws because it would make more business sense to have better emissions control. Their big "climate change, we're all gonna die" scare is literally plant fuel, needed for all life on earth to keep going, and they appear to want it gone forever.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I’m not talking about climate change, I’m talking about actual contamination. The epa deals with more than emissions you know. Google the Milltown Dam removal and the costs associated with that from all the sediment built up from the copper mine in Butte.

I can’t wait to hear everyone crying come 2027 when phase 2 is fully implemented.

4. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    You've heard of the Los animas river I'm sure, the EPA does as much harm as good.

Bean Jr. and KB3MMX Thank this.
  5. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    Not sayin they don’t, but if everyone shared your opinion of telling them to shove it we’d be far worse off than we were 100 years ago. Wanna be in business? Play by the rules or suffer the consequences. Instead of getting their panties wadded up about the 990 if people actually thought about it they may settle down. With the coming of more stringent fuel economy standards offering this truck in their lineup actually makes it so they’re able to continue to make the 900. Its all based on a point system.

larry2903 Thanks this.
  6. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    100 years ago the most common means of transportation was literally horses, they were still using them to plow fields. If you like the government telling you how good of fuel mileage your new vehicle has to get, you'll proba my just sit there and say" yea they're smarter than my #######" when they decide how much gas you're allowed to by a week, or how much electricity you're allowed to use to heat or cool your house. The whole point is it's government's nose in something that the founding fathers would start a war over, we have become the very thing they hated, name two things there isn't a tax on if you think I'm wrong.

7. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    Again, the epa regulates more than fuel economy and emissions. The point I’m making is that we’d be in a pretty bad situation if all business owners in all industries shared your opinion. I’m not a fan of government but I’m smart enough to understand that if you wanna play you’re gonna have rules to follow. And you tolerate what you can because the alternative is living in a third world country somewhere that doesn’t have any rules.

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  8. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    And you missed the point again, I'm done.

9. Geronimo17

Geronimo17 Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I like the fact that KW is adding to the W900 line. Where the hangup occurs is when people state the new model is replacing the older model. That simply put, is NOT true at this time or the foreseeable future. The General Manager of the company has said as much. Pushing nonsense because a dealership person said something OR you want to promote something you bought over a W900 does not add value to this forum.

I'd like to see the 990s on the road and give it some time. With that said the W900 and the 389 are better looking trucks in my humble opinion.

Rollr4872 and Long FLD Thank this.
  10. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    No, I just skipped the second half of your post because the stuff you mention has happened before (gas rations) or is currently happening (credits if you buy high efficiency appliances).

thaistick and larry2903 Thank this.
  11. larry2903

larry2903 Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2009
    On the trails
    If this is directed at me because I posted on here what my salesman told me than yeah I believe him. He told me about the T660 going away a year before Kenworth ever announced it, he first told me about the “new W9 model” back around January when we were talking about what i was planning on replacing my T660 with, and so yeah I believe him when I was told the W900L days are numbered. I’m not promoting anything or pushing any nonsense, if you do or don’t believe me, I really don’t care. The one thing you got right is this forum is about sharing information and I shared the info I have.

Want another reason I believe him? The T680 was originally supposed only meant to be a fleet truck, vip interior was not even offered for the first year or so, I’m not sure on the exact times. Eventually vip interior was added because O/O demand for it in that platform. The T660 was supposed to carry on as the owner op aero truck but demand was strong enough for the 680 that production of the 660 ended. I see the same thing happening to the W900L, I think demand for the new model will overshadow the old, and it’ll go away. The W900 is my favorite thruck on the road, but I don’t believe they’ll produce it forever, it has already outlasted every other class 8 that was in production in 1961 when it began production and nothing lasts forever.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.