L&P Transportation (Legget & Platt}

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by troy0950, Apr 1, 2012.

1. joe91

joe91 Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2019
    I replied to him multiple times because the messages weren’t going through. Once I saw after a while it posted I had you guys to delete one message and it ended up deleting everything. I replied with my final message just to make sure it went through and to explain multiple message might have spammed him.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. troy0950

troy0950 Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Purdy, MO
    Very seldom. Only thing I can remember touching was a chip load. 1 stop I put the boxes on a roller thing in the trailer and pushed them down. I normally don't touch anything, but, a trailer full of a chip load is maybe 9k. As far as I can remember I might have touched 3 loads in the 9 years I've worked there.

4. joe91

joe91 Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Ok good so no loading and unloading

5. joe91

joe91 Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2019
    One last thing. What’s home time like? Can you get two days off a week or just a 34hr reset? Wanting to apply here in January

6. troy0950

troy0950 Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Purdy, MO
    My routine was a little less than 3 weeks and go home for 3 days. I've always done it that way. I don't really know the actual policy. You'll have to ask the recruiting folks. What I do is not required. It's just the way I liked to do it.

7. placerunner

placerunner Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2020
    How’s this place? Do they run you good miles? Can you bring home at least a $1,000 a wk after taxes? I saw your post saying you’ve been out and had a stroke did you ever go back to work?

8. dryman

dryman Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2012
    MO
    I suggest you call the Carthage recruiter. I will work there for the last job before retirement. I would work there now if I knew that it would be good enough to do for over 7 years and that I would not get bored with doing the same routes for too many years. I've never found any bad thing about this driver job other than what Troy950 told us about the truck performance. The Carthage recruiter was well-informed and answered my many questions except 1 and she found out that answer for me. In 2017, I ran into a driver that I had worked with at another company that was driving for them at Carthage. He was very happy there.

9. placerunner

Jan 21, 2020
    How long before you retire? Are you gonna go work there? The driver you ran into from your old company that now works at LP how long has he worked there?

10. dryman

dryman Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2012
    MO
    I plan to retire in 7.5 years. I intend to work there in 2 to 3 years. I have not talked with the guy that I used to work with since I saw him at L&P in 2017. I think he had worked there at least 6 months but I'm unsure how long he had worked there or if he still works there. I did not know the guy but had just run into him once or twice at his last employer. He seemed quite contented. I will work at L & P eventually partly because of the 401K plan and stock purchase programs that allow someone to put a lot of money into a tax-advantaged 401K and to buy stock. They are a fortune 500 company with international locations. They may not go West much from Carthage.

11. placerunner

Jan 21, 2020
    Funny that you said that I ran into a guy in Oklahoma he was from Dallas and he was talking about how much he loved the place. People seemed to be happy there I just don’t really understand I’ve never seen a company where employees were so content and enjoyed being at work almost to good to be true.

dryman Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.