Lamb vindaloo cooked in truck

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking in the Truck | Trucker Recipe Forum' started by rabbiporkchop, Dec 30, 2022.

1. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Are you making a subtle joke that has gone over my head, or are you actually going to eat six pounds of lamb this week?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I've printed out the recipe for the cookbook, but I'll have to go to an indian place to figure out if vindaloo is my thing. I don't mind chicken tikka masala, but I tried straight curry at an indian restraunt at a truck stop in harrisburg, PA and it kind of had a cigarette after taste. I'm not sure if it was just a junk restaurant or I just don't like it.
    Google Maps this place.

4. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    This place on I40 in Milan NM has outstanding curry and is right next door to the petro
    Google Maps

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  5. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    The curry sauce itself varies and thats up to the cook., like gravy some better than others. My neighbors curry is hot like peel paint hot,,not my thing but the flavor is right on…

6. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    If your wife is in the truck it's going to take at least that amount to feed both of you for a week.
    It has a tangy and spicy flavor. It's quite similar to a bowl of chili since it's mostly spices and water and meat

7. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Had some at the local Indian restaurant and it was great. I'll definitely be making this at some point. Tonight is Instant Pot BBQ Chicken though. Easy peasy.

Lite bug and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.