Lamdstar flatbed?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Travelworld2067, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Travelworld2067

Travelworld2067 Light Load Member

May 10, 2018
    Im looking into options to buy truck and sign onto a good carrier. I like running flatbed
    . How much do you guys genrrally make running for landstar? Say i have a 2k a month truck payment whats a realistic take home average week? 2k gross take home? 1400 net take home? Im just looking for rough numbers. Currently im making 1100 net take home being company plus benefits. Id like to be an owner op but im not sure what compqny i should sign truck too. Getting own authority my insurance will be too high right now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Everyone is different..... everyone runs different. I don't know if you have Flat experience but I think you have to be at Landstar some time before you can train for flat..... I think.

4. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    LS will let you start with flat, no experience you go to securement school.

As for money 0 to a whole lot, all up to you, flat business is strong and are you able to figure out the system and make it work.

Just because you have a truck it does not mean LS will hire you.

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  5. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Your right @Old Man. I was thinking of the different levels of flatbed..... FB1-FB5 or whatever it is they classify you as....

6. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    the flat bed rates are really high now and looking to stay that way ...... been with landstar for over 3 years ... when I run hard I useually net after fuel and insurance 3000 to 4000 .... just average short loads 5 day week home every night 2000 to 3000 ...... you have to take a truck payment out of that and maintenance but my truck is paid for so is everything else u own so I don't run as hard as I could. .... that's a van which rates are somewhat lower than flats but I don't think the net pay would be any different. .. flats spend a lot more time fooling around and waiting ect. and I do a lot of hazmat and totes and multiple stop drivers assist unloading. .... 2 days this week 11 stops cabinets 50.00 to driver for each stop 550.00 plus mileage pay and 35.00 stop pay (65% of 50.00 stop pay ) anyways this load is 3 days total and the truck share is a little over 4000 ..roughly 400.00 for fuel and insurance coming back home will be 3 days and that load pays 2500.00. .... so a 6 day week 6500 gross and the actual net will be around 5000.... probably take a couple days off next week and only make 1500 but I am old lol and I like to fish lol........ might be better to ask would you quit landstar and I would say no ......

jsnell Thanks this.
  7. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    won't get into the load last year me and 2 secretary's unloading a half a trailer or office furniture that was loaded floor to ceiling. ....... that paid 50.00 lol .... but they were hot that helps

jsnell Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.