Land star questions

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by SH42, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    So you know how much your brokers are keeping?

larry2903 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. powerhousescott

powerhousescott Medium Load Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Pecuiar, MO
    you do when you bid on the shippers cost vs your cost. I don't care what the broker is getting, as long as I know what I am getting. If they take my price and mark it up then Kudo's to them. If you are taking what they are offering, then you are bidding it backwards.

4. lonewolf1106

lonewolf1106 Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2015
    looking to buy a 1997 peterbilt, will land star sign it on??

thanks

5. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    As long as it has an electronic engine, which it should, and pass their DOT inspection, yes.

6. lonewolf1106

lonewolf1106 Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2015
    thanks brother !!

7. michaelbunt

michaelbunt Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Ragland, Al
    I cant speak for the van side but stepdeck freight is really good, the guy running the securement class right now is really good guy and is knowledgeable, he is a driver and just "retired" from hualing oversize loads and military stuff. His name is Pete Hintzman, I seen others post downing Landstar and saying the good loads don't hit the board, that's hal true, a lot do hit the board, success is on you not Landstar, you have to be proactive and you have to build your reputation up, once the agents know you and know your reliable they will start calling you with really good loads, it took me a year before this started happening to me, but I was making good money before that also. Also you have to work your way up through different levels for oversize which is smart on there part. Also if you have a break down and your in a pinch they will loan you money, I used it when I first started and it was easy enough to pay off.

8. michaelbunt

Apr 25, 2013
    Ragland, Al
    As long as it passes inspection

9. challenger

challenger Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2012
    I just finished my paperwork with Land star, they called and said looking for me to come on in 3 weeks or less. All I have left is the drug test and truck inspection. I just don't know which division to choose from. I have 1 year flatbed experience and the rest in dry van and refer. I would like to stay away from refer. I'm in NY and was looking at their load board, without the rates of course since I'm not officially on board yet. Was considering buying my own flatbed trailer...any advice?

I'm currently hauling inter modal in NJ clearing $3500 a week but the wait times and pier personal as well as the other so called "drivers" in the piers suck. Just looking for more steady work. I also was contacted and approved by Oakley for fracking in PA, Mercer, and Paramount Freight Systems.

10. michaelbunt

Apr 25, 2013
    Ragland, Al
    Like I said earlier I really really like the Landstar load board with load alerts and I know if your diligent you can make more money, I regularly make 3000 bring home with to much effort, but success is on you, Landstar will give you help an advice sometimes if you ask, but success depends on your effort, flatbed your kind of limited on frieght, I really love step deck, but I wouldn't buy one right away, rent there's and learn the system first, but also go through there securement class, it's in Dallas texas, any way hope this helps and I hope you make a ton of money over here!!

11. taxihacker66

taxihacker66 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    When did they move the securement class from st Augustine to Dallas?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.