Landstar and rates for independent carriers

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Skate-Board, Sep 25, 2014.

1. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    i need to turn my truck in and have her job!

6 Speed Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I had a pretty good run over the summer dealing with a Landstar agent. She was paying a good rate and then I started seeing the same loads with Universal Am Can and the rates went to crap.

Skate-Board Thanks this.
  4. Common Sense

Common Sense Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Landstar brokers double broker a lot of loads too. Beware!

5. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY

DeanCMB Thanks this.
  6. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH

Took me an hour to find it. The agency is LRGR TRN

7. Skate-Board

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH

Excellent post!

8. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Agency code is important info. Most are bad. A few are good. First thing I look for or inquire about on any potential LS load, what is the agency code? Some of the really bad ones are outright shysters. Have a short list of agency codes I will work with and a bunch of double brokered cheap freight hawking codes that couldn't book my truck ever at any rate. On good terms and first name basis with a few LS agents. Overall I think it's a very good company to work with and have made a lot of money with them. Even though they do have a lot of bad apples.

9. platinum

platinum Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas

that is a smart women and thats how business should be done!!

10. Skate-Board

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Had a Landstar load booked out of Denver going to Phoenix a few months ago. Got the rate conformation, signed and sent it back and was picking up in the morning. Went to bed early and when I woke up there was a new rate conformation for $50 less with no explanation. I was pissed. Got on the phone right away, booked another load, picked it up and was gone. Starting getting phone calls at noon from Landstar saying where are you and the customer is pissed. I said I booked another load because you just changed my rate with no explanation. She said the customer did that and now she's probably going to lose the account. I was like really! Your risked all this for $50. I had a rate agreement, you can't change this in the middle of the night and hung up.

I called the customer and told him what happened and he hit the ceiling. He said he did no such thing lowering the rate. I called the Landstar agent back and told her I just called her customer and told him what happened. She went freaking ballistic. It was awesome!

11. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Yeah that's a multi office agency. A few offices outta Texas. It's unfortunate, but yeah, just gotta check & remember the agency codes. There's quite a few guys I won't haul for over here

knuckledragger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.