Landstar and rates for independent carriers

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Skate-Board, Sep 25, 2014.

1. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR

You sir are my Hero :headbang:

jbatmick, mp4694330 and knuckledragger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    Two thumbs up, my friend. Nice work.

mp4694330 Thanks this.
  4. 281ric

281ric Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2011
    TX
    Wed I was under a load, While I was waiting to get loaded , I looked in ITS and LS was posting them exact same load and dims for $1000 less than the broker originally posted. This was on a short run and they sucked the money right out of it . I think its a shame, I dont think all their agents do that but shame one those leeches that do.

Derailed Thanks this.
  5. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    A little off the subject, but why wont Landstar deposit your pay into your own account? why put it on their card? so they can charge you money to take it out?

6. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Exactly! Everyone makes money. You can do a transfer into your own bank account then Comdata gets a cut of that also. Just think of it. If Landstar can keep all their drivers money into the Comdata account for just one day the interest alone can be staggering.

7. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
    uh, you do know that overnight interst rates are nearly 0% right? between 0 and .01 so even if they floated 10 million at .01% that is only $1000. so probably not the reason. How about not having to manage thousands of bank relations and efts?

8. ruffrider

ruffrider Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Alexandria Ala.
    That's true with all "company" brokers. Either LS or TQL or blah,blah. You find the right people to work with and do the right job and life is good for everybody involved.

9. Gordon A

Gordon A Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2013
    I think what is happening is that far too many agents are doing the copy and paste then taking a bit off the posted revenue . so many have no clue to dimensions on a load either. That tells me it is a re-brokered load .When you call and ask certain questions. they tell you they will have to call the customer to see if it is still there. . Nope I am not there when they get off hold. That is showing me something is wrong and I know it is not their customer. Many just repost off of other load boards and have no clue about the load or customers.. They have the same numbers I can get off DAT load board . Trucking is not a perfect world. Like any other industry there are unscrupulous people prey on the unknowing. It cannot be avoided. One either learns to separate the wheat from the chaff or suffers with it.

Doing_flatbed_nc Thanks this.
  10. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I buy fuel with that card and get huge discounts at the pump at alot of places so it doesnt really bother me, and also they usually pay within 4 days at 1.5 percent. But yes, it seems the last couple of weeks getting a good rate from them has been like pulling teeth.

11. Gordon A

Gordon A Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Oct to Feb is the slump in freight and rates. Has always been that way. Granted there are a few specialty niches that go great guns during that time. but specialized. When the building industry slows so do the rates.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.