Landstar leasing hotshot?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by KET, Feb 19, 2015.

1. FIRSTDEVILLE

FIRSTDEVILLE Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Matteson,Il
    Well I spoke with them today & 62% goes to the truck & 8% goes to your trailer. My insurance went up & I can't swing it now. I don't want to get up my MC right now but I will do what I have to for right now. So I will keep you guys posted on how I like it

matski Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flatbedcarrier

flatbedcarrier Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Southern California
    Good luck Firstdeville. Hope you can manage to stay independent.

Anj Thanks this.
  4. FIRSTDEVILLE

Aug 5, 2014
    Matteson,Il
    Thanks FLatbed, I have a good broker & He keeps me local & I have another Steel Company that deals with me Direct. I will jump on landstar for a couple of months & I hooe I can get back what I built up when I reactive my MC

5. wedge542

wedge542 Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    roll tide
    devil,please come back and let us know about this venture please, ive hauled for l.s in past independant , like to know any forced dispatch nowdays to keep plates/ins active? use there trailer or ours?

6. FIRSTDEVILLE

Aug 5, 2014
    Matteson,Il
    NP, but so far I no you can keep your trailer if it's over 25ft & they install the EOBR for free & don't no if they charge for having it. Class is 2 days & they pay for the hotel in Dallas,tx

7. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Good luck on this new venture!!

8. FIRSTDEVILLE

Aug 5, 2014
    Matteson,Il
    Thanks LB was trying to help someone out putting them on my insurance & letting them use my MC number to get started until they get theres,but they never did & could not pay when they jacked the rate up & I could not swing the different. Man very hard lesson I had to learn

9. HumbledBeginnings.

HumbledBeginnings. Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2017
    National
    Can I put my 3/4 ton Chevy 2500HD pickup to work as hot shot owner op ? I'm an independent OTR truck driver looking to put my truck to work hot shotting loads potentially with my own authority.

If so, what are the costs for obtaining my authority to hotshot with 3/4 Ton pickup? What's the best process that you would advise considering as of now I just have a truck with a 16k fifth wheel in bed.

Appreciate the knowledge sir.
    Chris

10. Hotshot kid adriel

Hotshot kid adriel Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2019
    What if you have the hot shot truck and you don’t want to drive it and you rent it to a companie and let them find a driver and pay you for the truck services

11. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Finally seen a hotshot with the Landstar numbers and logo. He didn’t have a radio so I could not talk to him. He had nice looking equipment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.