Landstar Questions

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Brickman, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    Cool thanks for your help. I have been giving this a lot of thought the last couple of months. My Wife told me to wait until after the holidays before I switch companies but I would like to get the ball rolling now. Just need to get some ducks in a row as far as my finances and I am good to go.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fireba11

fireba11 Heavy Load Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Tracy City, TN
    " if you lease on, through your LLC, you will not get a 1099 at the end of the year. 1099s are not required to be issued to companies, only sole props."

Are you sure about this? Seems to me the IRS has to have a way of knowing who Landstar paid money to!!

4. Autocar

Autocar Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2012
    The Hot Rod Shop Oxford, AL
    Yep, They haven't sent me a 1099 in 13 years, which is how long I've been there. Sole props get one, corps don't.

fireba11 Thanks this.
  5. richhawn

richhawn Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2012
    covington,IN
    You are getting on a good start because the qualifying center is still working on my stuff, no fault of there's I worked for a owner op that uses peoplelease and the dates didn't match so they have been working to get the dates together. so make sure all of your dates on your app are accurate.

6. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    You most likely won't get approved until after the holidays, so you should start the process now. Landstar takes a while to clear a new driver, and the holidays are likely to extend that time. Jan and Feb are the worst times for freight anyway, so you won't be losing anything delaying your transition. The inspection isn't going to worry about a ding or a bent bumper, it's all about passing a stringent DOT inspection, and making sure wear items will last until the next 120 day inspection.

Excorcist1 and Dewey120 Thank this.
  7. fortycalglock

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Never got one either in three years. I did get my truck Christmas tree ornament and a cheesy flashlight the other day though. For all the money I make them, they could at least have a platform ornament instead of the van!

fireba11 Thanks this.
  8. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    For the LLC do you still send in quarterly tax payments or self employment taxes?

9. Autocar

Apr 28, 2012
    Yep, if you think you will owe for the year.

10. Autocar

Apr 28, 2012
    At least it wasn't a porti-potty service truck!

11. fortycalglock

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    That must be a division of Inway. I haven't seen one of those with the blue star yet. ;)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.