Landstar Questions

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Brickman, Jun 25, 2007.

1. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    It has been decent for us, but we are new and not familiar with what things used to be like. :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fireba11

fireba11 Heavy Load Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Tracy City, TN
    We have drawn money off of our escrow account....no muss no fuss they load it right to ur pay card. BTW....you can use only one card for ur advances and pay if you wish....we do, it works great!

Remember that the best loads never get posted on the load board! That is why relationships with agents are so important here!

4. Mytrucker619

Mytrucker619 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Over 2.50, In order for me to make a small profit that's where I have to be... I pay my drivers .40cpm and landstar just wants way too much of the pie...

5. Desert_Skies

Desert_Skies Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Victorville,CA
    Maybe its time to change the lanes your trucks are operating in or take a bigger step and get your own authority. Why pay LS,you can get your own customers and handle all the back office work yourself.

6. landstar8891

landstar8891 Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    We all have a gripe about L/S.This is one of my gripes..I am with you on the ''way to much''..I have spoken with many BCO's who feel it is just a bit Overkill...This is why L/S make Billions on us..That is why i do not tale L/S to SERIOUS...

This is why i am home alot and i will never kiss L/S ###...I do my one maybe two trips a week and call it done..

7. Miami Trucker

Miami Trucker Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Miami,Fl.
    Well the Main question I have is ? : After you pick a Load,and Finish delivering it.

And the Transflo the paperwork....Is it Lans Star that PAYS you ?

Or the Broker it self ?....And how many days after you send the paperwork,do you get Paid ?

Also,I've been told by L.S. Drivers,that you have to ASK for the Fuel Sur-Charge,when talking to the Brokers.

I always assumed that I was INCLUDED in the Load Board posting....

8. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    As a BCO you get paid a couple of days after your week ends with paperwork in from LS.
    Each load is different, but FSC is part of each one

9. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    One of the things I hate here is Agents not posting the full breakdown on the board... That Ish irks me something serious!!! But in my first 45 days here I'm doing well, not terrible but well, just the lack of freight coming out of my area on Monday morning sucks

10. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    You get paid once a week on your payday. You can choose which day you want. You need to have all of your billing in by 2pm EST two days before to be guaranteed on your check. My payday is WED, so by 2pm on MON I have to have my bills in. I've sent in bills at 730 am Tues and been paid the next day though, but it isn't guaranteed.

I've only had to ask for FS once in almost 4 years, and that was the other day on a partial. Yes LS pays you, LS does the billing for the agent, etc. Some agents break it out in the load posting, most don't, but will tell you what it is when you call in.

11. dogcatcher

dogcatcher Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    tn
    Well some agents do it so you call in and they can give you the details and feel you out. can be good and bad.
    BTW Monday mornings and Fridays bit period for loads anywhere you go!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.