Landstar Questions

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Brickman, Jun 25, 2007.

1. ljbigtrucks

ljbigtrucks Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Lawrenceville,Ga
    Hello truckers, have anyone purchase a truck from America's Truck Source in Ga or Truck Discount Mart in PA

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bigman58

Bigman58 Light Load Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Hello,sorry to change the subject. Need advice on steer tires.
    Just started driving at landstar. Hope to call LCLAP when they open so hopefully I can get a discount on some steer tires. Anybody got some recommendations on what brand to buy.
    Was leaning toward bridgestone long haul. They have the grove on the outside to give extra support on the outer edge. Thanks guys.
    Be safe

4. truckinusa

truckinusa Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Ponca City, OK
    My thought would be to find the tire with the least rolling resistance so you get better fuel mileage. Every large company I have worked for used Bridgestone and Michelin though. The best tire is the michelin XZA3. You will get incredible mileage out of them.

5. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

Several years ago, I looked at Truck Discount Mart and thought their prices were too high for what they had to offer. I don't know anything about America's Truck Source. Most of this type of dealer inflate their prices due to the terms that they offer. I believe both deal with those who have had credit problems in the past. They will add costs to their selling prices to offset the anticipated risks. If you have good credit there are other options you may want to consider.

6. Bigman58

Bigman58 Light Load Member

Feb 12, 2014
    I'm using Landstars Lclap program to buy tires at a discount. T/A sells the Michelin xza at $618 plus install. I can get them thru Landstar for $478 pi
    The Bridgestone 283 from $485 down to $386. All 11R 22.5's
    Continentals vary but are significantly cheaper with Landstar.
    Went to have them installed last night, and found my aluminum rim will need to be replaced.
    Damaged in blow out. Over $400.00 at Petro. Off to junk yard this morn. $175 for rim.
    Been with Landstar for under a month. You have to be with them for over 90 days to qualify
    to use the LCLAP program. They will finance the tires and other parts and repairs at a discount. They are not financing my tires but they are offering me the discount at a one time pay roll deduction.
    Thank you Landstar! I love you! :)
    Man What a difference from JB Hunt!

7. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    When you get steer tires through LCAPP you can also get them to include a 3-axle alignment with the PO# they issue you.

fortycalglock Thanks this.
  8. dogcatcher

dogcatcher Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    tn
    Unless they have changed something the tires are done on a nation account and the alignment is a shop repair and has to be done on a separate bill.

9. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    I got it all done with the same PO at the TA in Wheeler Ridge California. Maybe you need to specify with the LCAPP rep if you want the option.

10. dogcatcher

dogcatcher Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    tn
    Well that's a cool deal! I tried once and they made me do 2 different POs b ut I had repairs as well maybe that's why

11. CHUBBYBUNNY

CHUBBYBUNNY Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    I just bought the new Bridgestone low rolling resistance eco steer tires. I only use Bridgestone. Michelin may be slightly better but you pay a lot more for them. By the way, Landstar may not appreciate you posting national account prices to everybody. What we pay through LCAAP isn't really anybody's business. I don't mean to come off as an ######### who is telling you what to do I am just saying that Landstar doesn't wish that information to be public, if they did we wouldn't need a sign in and password to access the information. So just a suggestion. Glad you got your stuff squared away and I have financed tires with Landstar many times too.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.