Landstar Questions

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Brickman, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Bigman58

Bigman58 Light Load Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Never thought of that. Thanks for the info.
    I did get the Michelins. Wish I would have had them installed at the petro. I paid extra for an alignment.
    Has anyone worked for the Central Transport account? Running shuttles for CT?
    I worked one day and never again. The CT trailers are all beat up and their yards have holes. More like craters all over. The Trailer inspection sheet had a date 0f 2012 on it.
    Clearance markers out, holes in the trailer. Was let down by CT. Was hoping to make some money running their freight.
    I'm still learning the ropes around here.
    I chose a descent 4 stop load to Nebraska to start my week. I screwed up and booked my next load that has 200 DH miles and puts me in Denver. Nothing but cheap heavy beer loads form there. Most going to Texas. Wish I could undue that decision. Guess I have to ride it out and hope for the best.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CHUBBYBUNNY

CHUBBYBUNNY Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Yeah I pretty much try to avoid Colorado and west of there but I actually ran that a lot last year.

4. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    There's no money to be made on that central deal, even if they had brand new trailers.

5. Bigman58

Feb 12, 2014
    An agent who handles power for Giant Foods in the Denver area contacted me about doing some work running groceries in the 6 state region out of Giant Distribution in Denver.. He emailed me a few details like the area would be, Colorado, Nebraska, Utah, Wyoming, New Mexico and South Dakota. Don't get to pick where I go, all miles and stops are paid. Has anyone done a LOAD like this?
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  6. CHUBBYBUNNY

Oct 11, 2013
    I ran some loads for King's Super out of Denver. Ran mostly Colorado and would go to Moab, Utah and Shiprock, Nm. Mostly drop and hook and sometimes would live unload but never had to touch anything. Pulled King Super trailers. It was decent and if you get stuck in Denver it beats sitting around making nothing.

7. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Why the heck are you putting specific numbers on a freaking public forum. Edit your post!!!!!

8. CHUBBYBUNNY

Oct 11, 2013
    Yeah, when you post the rate you are giving the competition the exact information they need to undercut the rate and get the business. Another Landstar agent could even under bid with that info. Save that for private messaging people you know are other Landstar drivers

9. GtownWing

GtownWing Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    $2.80 is the lowest I go, but most of the time I'm 3.50 and higher. Just have to stay in the right freight lanes. Plus I stay with light loads (less than 20K). Not hard to do and definitely not BS. I'm running AVG net rate for all miles of 2.26 and my profit before tax is 1.09 per mile.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  10. Bigman58

Feb 12, 2014
    Oh yeah...I'm sure there's a rash of drivers tripping over themselves to get to Denver now!

11. Bigman58

Feb 12, 2014
    Point taken forty.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.