Landstar Questions

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Brickman, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Bro_Dave

Bro_Dave Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2013
    If you get on a good dedicated run I see no problem. It would be tight during the slow times but it's doable for a single guy.

Loke Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bro_Dave

Nov 5, 2013
    In that situation I say stay where you're at. What I've found as I get older is trucking to me is more about job satisfaction and not so much about having the highest pay.

RERM Thanks this.
  4. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    Ya, because it’s some random LandStar O/O who’s responsible for you not getting paid.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  5. Heavy Handed

Heavy Handed Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2015
    I've read about 10 pages and did not see anything about my question so here goes.
    I have leads to have my own customers. This would get me out of my home state.
    Would like to lease to Landstar and push everything through them. does this mean that I would get the brokers cut of my loads plus the drivers cut and still be able to broker loads that I could not Cover for my customers

6. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    You could become an agent also as well as driver. I think(im not sure) your customers have to generate a certain amount of revenue.

Or find an agent that you can trust and allow then to find trucks(you) for that freight.

whoopNride and Heavy Handed Thank this.
  7. sawmill

sawmill Road Train Member

May 29, 2015
    Evanston, WY
    Only if you become an agent too. You'd be more likely to be able to find an agent and push it through them and get them to break out more of the rate at 100% for things like loading or a better FSC. It can be done.

whoopNride and Heavy Handed Thank this.
  8. Heavy Handed

Heavy Handed Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Thanks I didn't know there would need to be a certain amount of revenue produced

9. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Yea I believe that in order to become an agent, you have to bring customers that generate a certain amount of revenue.

10. stucolemr

stucolemr Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Can I make money at landstar, living on the jersey turnpike, just running in a 500 mi radius, from Boston to Baltimore? ??

11. Bro_Dave

Nov 5, 2013
    Are you making money now?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.