Landstar Questions

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Brickman, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Miamiboy

Miamiboy Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Have read the whole 390 pages, but could not find the answer. Maybe someone went through the orientation recently and can help me out here.

I have orientation scheduled for Monday. When is actually truck registration needed during the process? I still have it with the company I was leased on. Will they have all the docs for me to get a new registration at the orientation (insurance info, signed agreement etc)?

Do they have another inspection in Rockford? Where they will require updated registration?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Are you getting you base plate thru landstar...

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    You should have gotten the whole shebang already. Plates, permits, decals. All comes at once.

Miamiboy Thanks this.
  5. TrUk dRiVeR

TrUk dRiVeR Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2019
    I’ve spent time reading a lot tonight on Landstar. What I’ve gathered is that I can, and will make money as long as I run smart. Thanks for all the help!

Miamiboy Thanks this.
  6. Miamiboy

Miamiboy Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2018
    I have my own plates, and the orientation is still coming in two days. So they going to do the registration also? When I changed companies before, I had to do my dmv stuff myself. Just wonder how its done here.

7. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    You need to call whomever your dealing with at the verification center that processed your app and find out.

Typically you're not scheduled for orientation until your 100% squared away.

The moment you leave orientation, you're going to start paying workman's comp.

My trucks are all through them, and when everything is approved, they overnight all the things I listed.

Northeasterner and Miamiboy Thank this.
  8. bluechief

bluechief Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2013
    tn
    Can anyone of you veteran Landstar drivers tell me what kind of discount you can get on new trucks for being employed at Landstar? Someone told my husband you can get a discount...wonderi wohow much..he is considering getting a different truck..

9. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    I know you're gonna be looking down the gun barrel at about a $700 month or more insurance payment.

10. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    It varies.... look on the lcapp website and also I know Jefferson Georgia has some flyers up on this subject..... it’d probably be a thousand or two off....

bluechief Thanks this.
  11. bluechief

bluechief Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2013
    tn
    Ouch!! Thank you..That's a lot!! He wants either a peterbilt or Kenworth...I'm trying to talk him out of it!! Just afraid to take that leap..right now his truck pmnt is a lil over $500..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.