Landstar Questions

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Brickman, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I don't think they allow that.

jsnell Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
    If you are renting or leasing a truck, the company that owns the title must be willing to sign a release of revenue. Most rentals wont. Some leasing companies wont. The issue is most rental and some leasing companies will allow you to take their truck wherever you want as long as the company you lease on to is willing to pay them directly. Landstar will not bring a truck in these situations on. They will pay the contractor only. It is on the contractor to pay his bills. If your company will sign the release of revenue and Landstar brings you on you will be able to keep your plate. At landstar you can run your own plate or theirs.

4. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    The problem I have ran into using a rental truck, such as Ryder and Penske, is the rental company will charge you hwy taxes, and so will the company you are leasing to.

5. seanmaan1

seanmaan1 Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2019

6. seanmaan1

seanmaan1 Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2019
    Can anybody tell me living in the Reno area what would be the best money making trailer to pull for Landstar Dry van , reefer step deck or flatbed... thank you Sean

7. seanmaan1

seanmaan1 Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2019
    What would be the best trailer to have living in the Reno area to make money with Landstar

8. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    40 days. And when I came to Landstar last year, no they wouldnt allow a rental. Your name had to be on the title. And yes, you can have your own plates.

9. Great-Way

Great-Way Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2017
    BEAVERTON, MI
    In April of 2018 When I was going through the application process I was told that it would be best if I had a truck before I applied. They only want to process serious inquiries.

10. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    Yeah, a guy I used to work with applied there 2 or 3 weeks ago and thats basically what they told him also. Get a truck and then we'll process this. Frankly that was one of the first things they asked me. I said no, but I had one all lined up and financing in place just waiting for the word from you. And it was all true, I did. The process took 4 weeks. It would have only taken 2, but Landstar just sat and waited for my current (at the time) employer to get back to them on if I had experience in ice and snow (Im from Minnesota, I will say no more). I called them at 4 weeks and said basically what the hell? They told me what they were waiting on, I gave them the local terminal number, told them to call and ask for dispatch and ask whoever answered the phone if I had the experience because they all knew me. 2 hours later they called me back and said welcome to Landstar.

11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    So you took the initiative and got things going. Wow. I'm so proud of you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.