Landstar ?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Mattflat362, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I just ran a load for Landstar. It had been a while so my account had went inactive and closed.

The agent, Trilogy, said I had to upload all paperwork to get paid.

Long story short...lots of phone calls......new account....30 minutes on phone with tech support to install landstar's direct scan software....and then uploaded. It was either this or actually snail mail my BOL's in to Jacksonville FL???? Really!?

Had I not asked any questions....this load would not have paid and no one would even give a crap!

I am used to dealing with small brokers that handle everything after I email them scans of my BOL's/CON/ Bill.

Is it just me or is not worth the PITA to run for LS if only running 1 or 2 loads per year?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mattflat362

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Definitely getting a feel for the brokers/agents...no response to BOL's emailed=me jumping on it right away. No more waiting 31 days to start asking questions...

4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    They're a waste of time in this market for outside carriers. Totally useless and most of the agents are pushing junk freight or freight they're double brokering. Now when trucks are tight those losers never really go away but a lot of the better ones with really lucrative freight come out of the woodwork. In the here and now, no they are not worth it. Can't remember the last LS load I hauled. A couple of years ago or longer? In the near future if demand goes up then they will be worth it.

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  5. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    You can use transflo to send paperwork.
    Use scanner with laptop from truck or kiosk in truckstops.
    Like all loads. Some loads are worth it.
    Some are not.
    Good luck.

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  6. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl

Slight disagreement. Every once in a while when they need a truck they trust you can get outstanding rates. Maybe it's cause there is a long history between landstar and my carrier but every few months my phone rings with one of our agents i deal with often offering me a landstar load paying very very good. Im not saying it's every day or even every week, but there is still very good money to be had with them. But those loads aren't hitting public load boards.

truckfam and Mattflat362 Thank this.
  7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    The ones I was working with consistently day in and day out for a couple of years lost most of their freight due to competition. I only see one of them post occasional alerts. They used to be the same thing as what you would see. They'd call their trucks and never post anything. But this is van freight which is always under pressure to be cheap as possible. No surprise the really good stuff started drying up in 2014 then went to nothing at all in 2015 and 2016. For van stuff in the here and now, they are worthless.

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  8. Mattflat362

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    The funny thing is I have internet, laptop, scanner. I rarely see the inside of a truck stop nor do I want to and I definitely should not have to.

But my scanned copies simply emailed in are not acceptable? Ba Bye LS.

9. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    image.jpeg

Right now. Landstar. 118 loaded. $700.

All depends on your market if they're worth dealing with.

10. secorp

secorp Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Lakeland Florida
    Hot shot is a bit different than Dry Van.

11. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    This load is for "flatbed/stepdeck" I just do it often enough that if I don't have enough to put a ftl under it I'm not using a full size truck.

From what I see of dry van: there's nothing quite as bad as it for rates.

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.