Larry Williams Trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Billy_Gober, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Blackjack55

Blackjack55 Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2018
    Freedom of speech does not apply to your employer. It only prevents the government from violating your speech rights

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I've never seen a LWT truck looking anything but spotless or driving like jerk .

Lonesome Thanks this.
  4. Thrasher28

Thrasher28 Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2021
    Bowling Green, KY
    You could assert dominance and start cussing at your sports bets on your phone while going down the road:D

But yeah, that is a little tyrannical. Based on their FMCSA rating, they're doing alright, but I don't like companies that try and force a whole bunch of different people into their mold of what they consider right and wrong. If a driver wants to scream and cuss all day but drives perfectly safe, what's the issue? With all the tailgating, middle fingers, brake checking, and other dumb things people do out here, yelling a few curse words at the windshield basically makes you a Buddhist monk lol.

And the no gambling thing doesn't make sense. A few hands of blackjack on hometime and a scratcher on payday isn't hurting anyone.

bzinger Thanks this.
  5. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    If they listen in while you're off duty, that's a violation of privacy since you live in the truck. You DO still have rights, even in someone else's truck. I covered the inside facing camera with Ozark every night. LET THEM HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT. They claimed that it went off when you popped the brakes. Good. I'll make sure it's off.

Thrasher28 Thanks this.
  6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    My friend runs a tanker company and he had to implement a “no wiring anything on your own” policy because he was tired of drivers hacking up his trucks.

Lonesome and Deere hunter Thank this.
  7. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    That's standard in a lot of companies. Too many dash fires from improper do it yourself wiring.

mjd4277, Thrasher28 and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    That's not 100% true. If you are a gov't employee, you DO get full first amendment rights protection. You get some even if employed in the private sector.

Freedom of Speech in the Workplace: What Are Your Rights?

9. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Do you think it’s really because of cussing or because he was screaming at other vehicles? I’m guessing more the latter and they chose to no longer employ a hot head who loses their temper while driving.

Lonesome, TB John and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.