Las Vegas a bad city to hotshot?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by elamigowapo, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Have you considered hauling from the auto auction for dealers that have bought a bunch of cars that need to be moved to their lots?
    Let's see if we can get @Chinatown over here. Doubtful he's seen this thread yet.
    FYI, to get someone's attention, use @ right before their name.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Meh I must have been working on my post while you were posting yours! Oh well, with two of us calling him, he'll be around sooner or later.:D

4. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
  5. elamigowapo

elamigowapo Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Got it ill utilize when needed, I actually have considered that possibility I heard its not very lucrative but Ill do whatever it takes to get my foot in the door.

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Can't really help much on hotshot trucking. There's a load board though you can check for freight. www.123loadboard.com
    Examples of hotshot freight:
    LAS VEGAS, NV to:
    • LAS VEGAS, NV
    • DENVER, CO
      LTL
      5001 lbs
    • Miles
    • LAS VEGAS, NV
    • ENGLEWOOD, CO
    • Miles

• LAS VEGAS, NV
    • RICHMOND, VA

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  7. Skate-Board

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    You may want to start with getting a quote on insurance. That's where I tell everyone to start and that's what usually ends their dream. Either you can't get it or it's so expensive you can't afford it. Insurance rates have gone up dramatically in a short period of time.

I'm not into trucking anymore but my agent told me if I continued on my rate was going to go up by up to 25%. She said it's because all the new trucks are so expensive and just a minor accident requires huge pieces to be replaced.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. MM71

MM71 Heavy Load Member

Jun 28, 2008
    AZ
    Whatever it takes .... is read up on how to be an owner op. You are worried about loads, but from the sound of this thread you have a lot to learn about being in business. Regulations, Insurance, how to get paid, etc.

FYI ... if you are already paying 2 bills a month for standard auto insurance. You're age or driving record are going to cause extremely high commercial insurance premiums.

BigTennOTR Thanks this.
  9. Skate-Board

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    I don't think @Chinatown is a real person. He's like Batman. We just shinned the Bat light into the sky and he appeared. Weird? Makes ya wonder.

Ougigoug and Big Don Thank this.
  10. elamigowapo

elamigowapo Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2017
    I see thanks for the 411, also if you dnt mind let me ask you something. Say that on a loadboard not especifically structures for Hotshots or ltl, if I can transport a load legally considering the weight and dimensions can I bid on the load or is there something thay says I cant such as truck class?

11. BigTennOTR

BigTennOTR Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Tenn
    Well if thats the case....I'll move into his basement....theres plenty of room there...im sure he wont mind

Skate-Board Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.