Last Ice Road Crossing for 2008

Discussion in 'Truckers' Photo Shack | Art Gallery' started by Wildkat, Apr 14, 2008.

1. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Wow, truly amazing!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shortcircuit27

Shortcircuit27 Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Meadville,PA
    Ok, I panicked just looking at the pics. No way in Hades. :biggrin_2553::biggrin_25521::biggrin_25512:

4. GingerSnap

GingerSnap Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Ohio, USA
    Yeah, same here. I got all chicken right now! You guys that do that are awesome! :biggrin_25514:

5. Wildkat

Wildkat <strong>Arctic Mistress</strong>

Feb 24, 2008
    Somewhere North of 60
    Thanks for all your kind comments...I don't know about the guts part, it's just part of my job...

I love my job, love where I run, am going some different places at the moment, up into the Yukon...closer to Alaska for a few weeks, am hoping will get some time for pictures, the mountains are gorgeous, very rugged & wild. I even got a brief glimpes of a caribou!

6. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    umm. Wildkat's not a guy though :biggrin_25524:

I'd be interested to know how many other women are driving up there?

7. Wildkat

Feb 24, 2008
    Somewhere North of 60
    On a regular basis I think there is one other besides me. There are a couple that run only in summer & one I know of that runs only in winter. Not many that's for sure!

:biggrin_255::biggrin_255:

8. Wildkat

Feb 24, 2008
    Somewhere North of 60
    Thanks MediceMan...it's truly amazing how many, when they see where I go & what I do, automatically "A S S U M E" :biggrin_255::biggrin_255::biggrin_255: I am a man LOL.. No worries :biggrin_255::biggrin_255: I'm used to it!

9. kamera_diva

kamera_diva Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Hebron, Kentucky
    Hey I was wondering if you would consider sending them to me and letting me enhance the the colors a little bit for you, make it a little contrasty...I could make your pictures POP!!

KAMERadiva

10. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    Great post and pictures!

I lived in Yellowknife for three years and used to make the trip to Calgary by road about every four to six weeks (not trucking), so I know that crossing well.

I too love the north. It's one of those things that seems to polarize :)biggrin_2559:) most people - they either love it, or hate it. In addition to Yellowknife, I've lived, driven and worked all over northern AB, BC, Yukon and NWT - even as far as Tuk.

As of right now I am looking at maybe putting my truck to work running north (been running south), if you have any friendly advice I'd sure appreciate it.

Keep up the good work!

11. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    Man all that open water on top the ice would be enough to scare the hell out of any body.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.