Late for delivery 1 hour, have to wait 5 days

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Andrei Florida Freight, Mar 16, 2018.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Wow, I'm surprised by this. That AWG will check you in upon arrival. You should have checked in first then went to sleep. I deliver there all the time. I think they're one of the better ones. They'll actually put you in the dock early sometimes. Always check in first, then sleep.

stwik, TripleSix and Oxbow Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bottleneck rookie

bottleneck rookie Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2018
    I’ll do what I want when I want. You’d be surprised what I’d do when someone starts messing with my money. Wanna try me?

4. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I actually worked there after high school. It was initially Malone&Hyde then became Fleming Foods. I was working in the freezer pulling up to 225 cases an hour. Well, I was doing good, making production and getting raises for working hard. Then one day, my supervisor was checking a pallet I had pulled and screamed at me in front of everyone.

He yelled “hey, this is wrong. You need to get back here and fix this now” and everyone heard it. Being one to believe in criticizing in private and praising in public, it made my blood boil. So I turned the electric pallet jack around, pulled right up to him and shouted “You fix it”. He said “what?” I said “You heard me, you fix it, I quit.” The stunned look on his face was priceless.

Back then I was making good money, but I will not tolerate anyone yelling at me that I work for, I don’t care what the job pays.

5. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    That is exactly 100% how I roll. I can't help it. I was born with it inside of me. I quit a couple of good jobs over the years. Instantaneous boiling of the blood when needed and zero regrets.

stwik and shogun Thank this.
  6. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    Whatever you say junior

Old_n_gray Thanks this.
  7. Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Just stop.

8. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    So how did this end up?

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  9. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Sorry. I have no sympathy. I showed up to a Walmart DC 10 minutes late once in Indiana in a blizzard and was made to wait 14 hours in their break room till they got me unloaded.

bottleneck rookie Thanks this.
  10. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Being an hour late is no excuse for putting off delivery for a week. Call your dispatcher or broker and write it off as a refusal of delivery and move on. Food DC's are the lowest form of humans to deal with. Even when you're on time they keep you sitting around for many hours running out your clock. I refuse to deal with them and I'm much happier for it. There is a Safeway DC in Tracy California that has kept me over 7 hours on multiple occasions. Told my then dispatcher that I would refuse any loads going there, and if I was forced to take a load then I quit.

Teivel VP Thanks this.
  11. Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Come on mate. Punishment should fit the crime. Loads end up being late all the time (most of the time through no fault of the driver). Imagine if this was the reaction of every consignee

TallJoe and 6wheeler Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.