Launching Out as New Owner Operator

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by IDeleva, Oct 17, 2018.

1. TruckRunner

TruckRunner Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2017
    I noticed all of the replies in this forum always gloss over or never mention all of the time consuming paperwork involved to get your plates, IFTA, 2290, etc. That was the worst part out of the whole experience for me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OilBoomDreamer

OilBoomDreamer Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
    Sounds like a major investment. Lots of cash to burn. If you got it, go for it. Have a back up plan too.

4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    A truck for 50K means that you need to be prepared to spent another $20K on it, even in the first year. Buying a truck like that requires a good, befriended "no rip off" shop with expertise and experience on its engine and components. Also in case of a major failure, it is important to have means to tow the truck to the shop even from as far as 3000 miles - yes, that's right! - borrowing a tow bar, leasing/borrowing a truck and taking it back, even if it costs 3-5 Grand.

5. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    There are companies who will do all that set up for a few hundred bucks. That's what I did. Saved me a lot time & headaches. The lady that handled my account was very good at it, it was like second nature stuff to her. Well worth (at the time) it for me to utilize that service.

6. Aces-N-Eights

Aces-N-Eights Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Mobile, AL

7. IDeleva

IDeleva Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Ok, thanks a bunch. Much appreciated.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.