Lease onto a company

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Tebosqueezy, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    I understand perfectly.... You know how to use a phone right? Monday morning call these companies and ask them if they will let you lease onto them with just 6 months experience...
    USA Truck, Great Wide, Schneider, JB Hunt, Forward Air, CFI... CFI pays for everything except fuel so they would be a good start for you if they will let you lease onto them...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tebosqueezy

Tebosqueezy Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Thanks for that. I asked because I didn't know of many and it made it easier to ask someone who knows or has knowledge of what companies lease with that much experience

4. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
  5. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    lol

6. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    I know one better than that ;)

Guy (local to me) decided he wanted to be a truck driver. Went to school. Then talked his mom into putting her house up on his new Peterbuilt.

He was done in 3 months. Mom sold the truck.

I don’t know if he ever really pulled a load.

nofreetime Thanks this.
  7. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    How does a grown man maintain his dignity while going about asking his mommy to put her house up as collateral so he can do what he should be able to on his own.

Reminds me of a lady I used to work with who's son was a losser couldn't hold down a job on/off drugs she was always bailing him out of some situation. She spent IIRC something like $10,000-$15,000 to put him through welding school and payed for all his tools. He did actually attend and do well in the school to which she was so excited she cosigned for a nice sports car for him. He graduated the welding school and never got off his tail and got a job she made the payments on the car for a few months until he totalled it while DUI.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  8. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    He might fail but if he does he will fail the hard way and he can't say we didnt tell him...

nofreetime Thanks this.
  9. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    That's true.....BRUH. :rolleyes:

10. Fz1rider

Fz1rider Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Florida
    With all due respect I would like to give you my 2€. IT IS ALWAYS A BAD IDEA TO LEASE A TRUCK FROM THE SAME COMPANY YOU DEPEND ON FOR YOUR REVENUE. My apologies for yelling but I didn't know if you were hard of hearing. Freight rates have consistently topped $3.50 per mile in 2018. If you ever want to earn these rates to the truck you must be independent, rather than leased to another middleman. Set up an LLC, get your DOT # and then an authority. Learn as much of the business as you can the coming year. Find your niche, something your good at and enjoy then run with it. I like tankers but most don't . please reread the second sentence. Advice from an experienced hand.

RussianBearTruckeR Thanks this.
  11. Tebosqueezy

Tebosqueezy Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Oh lord I'm sorry I made the people who posted here mad. That was never my intentions .I wanted to become an independent contractor, not lease a truck from them and work for them. As in lease my truck to the company like LANDSTAR and such. I preferably wanted to run under there MC and there plates to make the business portion a little easier and to also learn the ropes a bit more before stepping out on my own authority. I love using the DAT TRUCKERBOARD. But I trully understand your statement .I honestly want to haul freight using a reefer/dry van trailer that my uncle has I can use.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.