Lease Purchase of Truck Needed

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by bethyb00p, Apr 29, 2011.

1. bethyb00p

bethyb00p Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2009
    San Jacinto, CA
    I want to lease purchase a truck once I get approved with one of the O/O companies. Bad credit, no money down. Looking for 2 year warranty and vehicle without more than 560,000 on it. Just don't know where to go. I live in Alabama. Looking for a company to take me on so I can pay my payments/repairs as well as keep my family alive.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    have you looked at Lone Mountain truck in tifton, ga.

bethyb00p Thanks this.
  4. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    If you prefer a living family, I'd recommend driving a company truck.

However, if you don't mind your family to be emaciated and near death, then go ahead and lease/purchase a truck from one of the "O/O companies".

5. bethyb00p

bethyb00p Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2009
    San Jacinto, CA
    I am with a company, and getting oh um $300 per week. Gee, I think I deserve more than that, don't you? Don't you think my family is barely alive/existing on that? Obviously, you don't really have ANY input other than to be rude. You sit at your computer and just put out one liners ALL DAY don't you? Thanks for your useless input. Step OFF!:biggrin_25510:

1026 Thanks this.
  6. bethyb00p

bethyb00p Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2009
    San Jacinto, CA
    Thanks FLOOD I'll look into them.

7. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    No, quite the contrary, I am not being rude, I am telling you the reality. But the reality is not what you want to hear--you want to believe the line of #### that the CRE recruiter gave you.

Go ahead and lease a truck. Don't say I didn't warn you.

8. fase100

fase100 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2011
    cleveland ohio
    im still in classes to get my cdls but there is a company that my teacher was saying about called Lifetime Business Financial LLC that helps people get into trucks with credit problems. i never contacted them so i dont know what they look for. but i hope that helps you

trucker43 Thanks this.
  9. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    It's called Lifetime Financial because that's how long it takes to pay off the flease.

10. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    the absolute truth IS...
    99.9% of the financiers that will take on a bad credit and no money down loan are going to rob you blind.
    high risk= high payments
    that isn't to say you would not make good, but being in the same credit situation and with no money to put down myself I would say FIND ANOTHER ROUTE TO TAKE!

11. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Unless you are getting a lot of advances, you should be making about double that with one year experience. Perhaps you should consider finding another carrier rather than doing a lease. Starting with NO money and BAD credit is not a good way to start out. Very few people actually pay out a lease. Many with whom I talk make less leasing than they did as a company driver. I spoke with one who was leasing a truck from CRST Malone last year who told me that he was only clearing about $300/week after everything was paid. I recall another who posted on another trucking forum that he only cleared $30-60 some weeks.

You are going about this backwards. If you are not making enough as a company driver then see if you can either get more miles or look for a different carrier. If you have a good MVR, CSA and work history, you should not have a problem finding a different carrier. With a year experience, you should be earning in the range of $30-35,000/yr. That comes out to about $600-700/week. Once you start with another carrier start cleaning up your credit and learn all you can. While you are cleaning up your credit and learning this business make a commitment to save a fixed amount out of every paycheck to be used to buy a truck, if that is what you really want to do. If your main reason to get into a truck is to make more money, then you may want to stay a company driver. After a couple of years in the business many can earn over $40,000/year. If you cannot discipline yourself to save money toward your goal, then you don't want to obligate yourself for a truck.

Those who lease trucks to drivers generally charge more for a lease than you can get from conventional financing. You can expect to pay at least 1/3 more than you can get on your own. For the most part, a driver who leases a truck from their carrier is a glorified company driver. You usually earn no more than a company driver and most earn less, but still have the responsibility of an owner.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.