Lease purchase? YES or NO?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by THE AWALK, Mar 12, 2022.

1. THE AWALK

THE AWALK Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2022
    Modesto

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. THE AWALK

THE AWALK Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2022
    Modesto
    Ok can you just respond to the my question? Lease purchase yes or no? And have you did a lease purchase? If yes why did you fail?

4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Since my response was too long for you read:

No, you should not do a lease purchase.

No, I didn't because it didn't make financial sense for me.

L/P guys tend to fail because they go the L/P route because they don't have the money needed to start a business.

88 Alpha and bryan21384 Thank this.
  5. THE AWALK

THE AWALK Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2022
    Modesto
    Thanks for your input, that is all I needed to know

6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    You've had a lot of advice here. Most of it was good advice based on many years of experience. If you don't like the advice you're getting because it conflicts with your goals just scroll on down the page until you find something that pleases you.
    You won't always get the advice you want here but you'll always get advice that's as honest as the other members know how to make it. Make that work for you. Or not. Your choice entirely.

Also, not every driver wants to be an O/O. Many drivers are perfectly content to drive a good truck, make a good wage, and let somebody else do all the worrying.

7. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Please take some time and read through the links I posted. There's a lot of good information in there that can help you make informed choices.

8. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    I love reading threads that guys like you start.. You ask a question then when members give you their perspective or tell you about things to be aware of from their experiences and you don't like what their saying because it isn't what you want to hear you get butt hurt and want to argue with those people
    So here's my free advice...
    Yes you go lease a truck and make the big money .. don't wait to long because the price of operating costs is going up faster than the freight rates so hurry
    You should probably get to signing papers 1st thing tomorrow morning so you can be on the road by midweek..riding the gravy train ...tot tot !! :Cow wagon:

9. THE AWALK

THE AWALK Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2022
    Modesto
    Lol I’m not sad, I like the advice. I think I should of asked the question differently. I should of asked? “What are the reasons you fail at doing lease purchase?” I would like to here why they fail so I can work around someone else mistakes. All the advice here is good information. I never said it was bad or I did not need to hear. I have more to think about now. Thank you all for your help.

Last Call Thanks this.
  10. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    hey man these guys are giving you good advice. i have done lease purchase and was successful with it, with a used truck and paid 90k worth of truck in under 2 years... i would not reccommend a lease purchase. it is very very hard to be successful with it.. the only way it would be beneficial to you is if you find a program where you are not tied to dispatch. you can find your own loads... a lease purchase is good way to learn the business if you are able to find your own loads. but if you are tied to a dispatcher you are nothing more than a company driver. and your dispatcher is going to determine how much you make... you say the whole goal is to get a truck and run your own way... so if you are tied to a dispatcher and they determine how much money you make and where you run and what loads you haul, does that sound like someone that owns a business or does that sound like a company driver? so if this is the case, is this something you want to get in? you take 100% of the risk of owning a business but have no control over your revenue... thats what a lease purchase is, if you arent able to find your own loads...

11. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Ok I can't give you any advice about a lease purchase because I have never been Involved in 1
    But as a O/O from a out side view and knowing the risks and the costs to operate ..it's not easy
    Personally I wouldn't want to sign any papers that make me committed to 1 company and badicaly allowing them to have full control over me..
    But.. that's just me

bryan21384, gentleroger and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.