Lease Purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by hawkeyejr69, Apr 13, 2013.

1. hawkeyejr69

hawkeyejr69 Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Denver, CO
    How does this look to anybody? This is my latest Lease-Purchase plan. I've been turned down with traditional financing, and would not even think about leasing, but this is an attempt to own my own truck!! Any and all responses would help!!

*36-48 month contract
    *$1200-1600 monthly payments depending on the length of the contract
    *$300 monthly for plates & 2290
    *$499 monthly for insurance- no down payment
    *$299 trailer rent
    *$1 cent per mile for IFTA Miles
    *$1500 escrow per year of contract
    * 6 cent per mile for maintenance account

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sharp.dressed.man

sharp.dressed.man Heavy Load Member

Dec 10, 2011
    IL
    Big question: How much are you getting paid? Is it percentage or cpm?

Looks worse than a lot of company plans I've seen so far. Can't really form a complete opinion until I see what it pays and whether this is through a company or a private entity.

4. critters

critters <b>Late For Dinner</b>

Jul 16, 2011
    traverse city,MI
    1200-1600 monthy truck payments plus the rest listed.? still seem high to me what is truck,miles year

aiwiron Thanks this.
  5. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Pretty high plates. I hope it's a 140K truck for that high of insurance.

6. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    better be really good and consistent rev to make that work .....and that would be a 50k maybe 60k truck with really high insurance and plates

7. Truckenbuzz123

Truckenbuzz123 Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2013
    KY
    if you lived closer to me I could get you hooked up with a leave that all your fixed exp. will be roughly 600 a week. no that's not adding maint. your also getting to use the trailers for free and getting 64% of the rev. and its 70% drop and hook. they only have about 100 company trucks. the rest are all o/o total trucks with the company is about 537. most of the leases are 2 years with a 6000 buy out mines 1.5 years with a $1.00 buy out. now the company does not own the truck you are getting it threw a dealer. so the only way the company makes $ off the truck is if they move you and trust me you don't stop moving. if I was you I would look for something like that before I dove in buying a trailer and all. if your going lease.

8. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    The insurance at a high 5% value would be a 120K truck.

9. Truckenbuzz123

Truckenbuzz123 Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2013
    KY
    fuffly compared to my buddies lease your paying 75bucks more a week for a much longer week you don't need a super truck just one that gets the job done for your 1st truck

10. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    sounds like a total rip off. in fact I don't think I've seen a lease purchase that is not a complete rip off. if your financial situation is keeping you from buying a truck what makes you think it will improve by signing a lease purchase? owning a truck is owning a business, it takes hard work, education, and an ungodly amount of perseverance and self control to be successful

now understand I'm not trying to bash you, or discourage you. I'm pointing out the reality that there is a reason you haven't qualified for a traditional loan, it could be a poor credit history, could be high debt to earning ratio, could be a thousand different things. the most common is poor money management, poor saving habits, and bad spending habits. these are things you need to fix before starting a business. I once read that only 3 percent of lease purchase operators complete the lease. Those are not very good odds, and it leads me to believe that 97 % simply wee not ready to become a business owner.

best advice could offer is get your finances in order and save up a down payment. the skills you will learn doing so will greatly aid you in becoming a successful business owner. it takes time diligence and hard work, there ain't no easy button

NYROADIE and Down the road Thank this.
  11. Driver of the year

Driver of the year Medium Load Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tampa FL
    You are a 4 year experience driver. You did not have good credit, i guess thats why you could not get financing. That in my opinion is a big rip off! OMG. If i were you, i would've saved my own money until i had $30,000. $20,000 Truck and $10,000 for emergency maintenance. Thats what i would do. I dont know your financing situation but four years of Company Driver, that amount would've been achievable. Man, these lease purchase are asking for too much money and they control how much money you make. They are not going to invest lots of money in a tractor for you?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.