Lease/Purchase?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Scoundrel, Aug 8, 2013.

1. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    No they're not...all bad....I've done 2 successfully and now on my 3rd.....all different carriers though. The change was a business decision as I felt once paid off I would starve. Carrier mentality dictates that you can't earn too much. Seen that too many times.

On the payoffs, I surprised them too by paying off early , unannounced and in cash. Usually in the 5 to 10 grand area. I timed both events and showed up at corporate right at 0800 and already knew whom I needed to speak too. I also knew if the title was in the building or not and I did not pull the lease right then. I went ahead and finished out the week of payoff then claimed I was going down for a major repair to let the next check run. Once that was done I complied with the cancellation terms of the lease. ( Usually 3 days at my address by fax, letter or email etc )

This third one was a mistake...big time! I followed a manager and a dispatcher to a new carrier and the honeymoon was great....but it was over in just a few weeks. The dispatcher bailed for another carrier and the manager turned on me. I'm being starved out. It doesn't appear that I can salvage the situation short of cleaning out the office and if that happens, no assurance that the new team would be any better. I knew better on this too, just never factored in how valuable a dispatcher is to the bottom line.

Some of you may not understand this...like a mega driver, you get a different voice every time. I don't, I work at one terminal for that terminal and only speak to that terminal, corporate tells them what's needed and so on.....

My experience......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blackhammer

blackhammer Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Not all lp are bad just make sure you ask if u can just walk away if it doesnt work out. Im know for a fact that a few companys dont touch your credit if you turn your truck back in.make sure you read before you sign. If you truly run 3000 miles a week and have a decent motor in the truck u get you should bring home around 1400.00 after everything is paid including fuel

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.