Lease to Someone or get authority and go for it?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by ExtendedHoodPete, Mar 10, 2017.

1. spax

spax Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    ^^^^^^^^Ok^^^^^^:biggrin_25526:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. murat

murat Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2009
    nebraska
    I have not had much luck just running the load boards.The paper work was very debilitating.I would find a load but had no way to send all the information to the brokers on time to pick it up.I was told I need a printer/scanner in my truck and a lap top to make it all work well.
    I think the best way is to send your info to all the brokers you think you might do business with then they will have it all on file.

4. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I'm as computer "challenged" as they come. I have a tablet and a brothers all in one. If I can figure out how to scan and send it in a email anybody can.

murat Thanks this.
  5. murat

murat Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2009
    nebraska
    This is how I have been working the load boards.I find a load, call the broker and once we agree on rate they email me the their packet of forms. I then have to print the ones that need signed or initialized,then scan and send them back.I email the broker all of my paper work they require.Then I call my insurance agent and have them fax a copy of my insurance to the broker with whomever name they require as certificate holder.
    Once all of that has happened then they email me the load contract which I have to print so I can sign it then email it back. I have no way to do this from my truck so I'm limited to finding loads from my home computer.I don't go this route very often because I have a couple of companies that keep me busy,but in the slow time of year I try it .I know there has to be a better way,maybe sign on with a dispatch company.

6. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    A cheap laptop and printer scanner combo that uses your phone's Wi-Fi.

7. truckerdo

truckerdo Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Omaha, NE
    If you have a laptop with access to internet there is programs that allow you to type/sign the info you would need also. There is also apps for your phone that would work well for scanning documents. But like Danny said, I recommend and almost think it is a necessity to have laptop and an all-in-1 printer, especially if you are working and signing up with new brokers a lot.

8. forward

forward Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Well, guess what do insurance brokers go by? Your CDL experience, not years behind the wheel. I had over 10 years of OTR and trucking business ownership experience from overseas before getting my CDL in the US. That didn't help me a bit to get better insurance rates to start. Your driving experience before getting CDL isn't considered by anyone, end o story.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.