leased a truck with CRST

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by runion25, Jul 18, 2007.

1. curlywolf

curlywolf Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    I read CRST LEASE PURCHASE agreement 3 years ago and cannot believe anybody over the age of 6 years old signing up

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Read the recruitment adds and they sound great.
    People always want to read between the lines for the good.
    They forget how hard life really is.

4. runion25

runion25 Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2007
    west virginia
    :biggrin_2554:

i aint trying to get anyone mad here! i am just trying to tell everyone MY experience.yeah people have some good luck with companies and their lease purchase and some company drivers like with jb hunt. i worked for them for a year and a half and made good money with them the first time 2nd time i didnt make crap. i would have argued with anyone saying that jb was a good company but until i got on the wrong side of the dispatchers board. now i am local. i live 2 miles from the shop where i drive work 8 hrs a day and off every weekend and in my own bed every night. but that is just me. i should have know better with a lease purchase with crst but i guess i didnt. i am glad that i got out before i got into the hole to deeeeeep..:biggrin_255::biggrin_2554:

5. didntitellu

didntitellu Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Ohio
    Before I ask my question let me explain why I ask it. If I dont it might be easy for it to be taken the wrong way. I havent even climbed into a truck yet lol so I have no experience at all. Therefore I have to ask questions, and some of them help me get to know what to expect. This is the same kind of case.

Arent all weekend dispatch a bunch of idiots? In that situation what could be done diff? I mean if I ever make it to that point, what would help me in the long run, walking away from the lease, waiting till Monday for normal dispatch or going over weekends heads looking for a boss? Would there have been any alternative available to help resolve the issue and let weekend dispatch get back to whatever it is they do while they make drivers suffer? I know its hard to hold your frustration in when they treat you that bad, but is there a possibility that it could have been sorted Monday?

6. curlywolf

curlywolf Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    I feel sorry for any body that gets suckered into a lease purchase. The company wants you to fail, it is a win win deal for them. Buy yourself an older model, even an old cabover and improve the truck as you work it. Wont be to long before you are happy with with what you are driving. I have had 12 trucks in 28 years, all older models. Been in a 98 for 3 years now, still running out west, still running strong and happy with the truck I am driving. Be safe out there

7. fireba11

fireba11 Heavy Load Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Tracy City, TN
    Wasn't trying to be mean or anything! Just didn't seem fair to judge a company after being there a week and making not the most intelligent descisions himself, thats all.

Truth be known, most drivers who want to be owner operators do not do their homework and count the cost 1st. There is a lot more to it then most imagine and only the ones who do their homework and prepare themselves will make it as an owner operator.

We really like it at CRST, do they have their faults? Sure they do, what company doesn't? However, We do as we want, haul what we want, take freight that we want and have time off as we want, which doesn't endear us to management, and still make money, whats not to like?:biggrin_25525:

Cheers
    Fireball

8. dannyboyb31

dannyboyb31 Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2005
    david07003 Thanks this.
  9. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

I.....can't seem to find that anywhere on the page where it said he was a 'latest graduate' or even a graduate of their program at all. For all you know, he could have been an O/O with 40 years of experience who just had a bad day.

10. dannyboyb31

dannyboyb31 Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2005
    did you see the same thing I did? There is no way that guy has been driving 40 years or he would have known better than to stop on R/R tacks in Chi-town at 5pm................ I am a driver and back my fellow drivers up on all things industry related but you can't deny that was lack of training or a driver who shouldn't have been on the road.

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I would have to agree. It isn't like he stalled on the track when there were no oncoming trains and was stuck there for any length of time. It looked to me like he was simply trying to beat the train to the crossing so he wouldn't have to sit and wait for the train to go by, but he misjudged the distance from the track to the stopped traffic beyond it.

Poor dummy...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.