Leaving for Orientation 10-13-12 in Tulsa,Ok

Discussion in 'Melton' started by Azcannon, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    You're just jealous cuz I look sexier in one sock

Mrh2008 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Azcannon

Azcannon Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Phx.AZ
    the weather sure is nice here in L.A.

4. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Isnice here in Iowa too

5. Azcannon

Azcannon Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Phx.AZ
    I remember Iowa , thats one of those states you have to drive too. its been a while for me so its a little fuzzy what other places look like.

6. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
  7. mr cribb

mr cribb Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Eufaula, OK
    The office called me today, so I spoke with them, (I called a while back). I got some good info, and considering them pretty good. I grew up outside of Tulsa so having a somewhat local to me company would be good (I know I would travel everywhere). Family is okay with it, not like there's much choice where I'm at now (hour and half south of Tulsa).

I have watched the videos on youtube, and got a good feeling about the company. My only concern is the tarps. I did flatbed in the Army, but chains and binders was it and that was rare, because most of it was containers we hauled. The tarps are probably heavy at first until you get used to them?

Anyways going to school on Monday to get CDL, so right now I'm looking at 8-19 to start orientation. (My info says 1 year cause I count the Army time.)

8. burke

burke Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2013
    orlando, FL
    Your right. You will get used to the tarps. After u use them a while u will have your own system. Other folks will give u tips on what works well for them. It's nothing but a thing.

Protecting your tarps is the biggest issue for me. I carry extra padding for that. Sometimes it's a bit more work but I guess pride has some to do with it too

9. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Quit being a little sissy Mary, Soldier! We have WOMEN that haul these puppies around! :salute:

Living in Eufaula is definitely not a bad thing with Melton. We run up 69/75 so much, it'll be like you're seeing your house every other night....(we are allowed to go home under a load, as long as it does not add a lot of miles, make the load late, or delay it in any other manner). If you have any questions, just ask. I can answer most of them, and others here can help as well. :)

10. mr cribb

mr cribb Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Eufaula, OK
    Haha... just expressing some concern, because I would like to be able to do the job well. I am medically retired from the Army as a mechanic because I can't stay bent over a hood all day. I can carry and lift for short periods of time. Either way it is nothing a little Tylenol or ibuprofin won't cure :).

As far as Eufaula goes I am just barely outside of town on hwy 9, which translates to approx 4 miles+/- from the Loves Truck stop at the north end of town.

11. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Nah mate, you'll be fine. We use the three piece tarp set, maybe 70 lbs each. Can always get a forklift driver to set em up on load. After a while tarping gets easy.

Good luck with school, and like i said, if you have any questions, ask. I'm a road recruiter for Melton, so I can give you the recruiters answers from a driver's point of view. :biggrin_25520:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.