Leaving Friday to start orientation on 2/25!

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by JohnP651, Feb 18, 2013.

1. droflex

droflex Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Centralia, WA
    K. <---- Message too short for the board.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. droflex

Jan 30, 2013
    Centralia, WA
    Oh, you betcha. Don't have to worry about that.

4. Chykar

Chykar Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2013
    I'd like to go at the end of March, but I have heard some horror stories. And although my job now sucks, and hardly keeps the bills paid, it's better than having to pay 3800 dollars for failing out due to improper schooling.
    Im not afraid of work, either schooling or manual, I'm just not sure at how adequate they'd be. Just voicing my concern. So I'd love to hear an update.

5. huckstah

huckstah Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Awesome John! We look forward to reading it and wish you the best of luck bro. Will that bulldog be going on the road with you? He looks alot like my bulldog

IMG_0546.jpg

6. huckstah

huckstah Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2012
    What sort of horror stories have you heard?

You're going to hear good and bad about any company, especially starter companies. It think it depends more on how you approach it, and knowing what to expect. Most of the bad reports you here are from people that either didn't know what they were getting into, or just lazy. I've heard so many people whine about hometime, and it's like they had no idea they were applying for a job that requires you to be on the road 3+ weeks out of the month. Then you hear people whine about having to go on the road and live with a trainer, as if these people actually thought the company was just going to send them out on the road alone. And then, a bulk of your other complains are from people that are just too #### picky, or too #### lazy, or both. They want the company to meet their needs, instead of them meeting the companies needs. Complaining all the time, constant excuses, and mainly just lazy as hell...thats 50% of your complains right there. Read the forums and see for yourself...its ridiculous.

I'm going to approach a starter company with a realistic expectation, and others should too:

Central's not the best, but it's not the worst. They have better pay than most starter companies, and better miles. As a bonus, they have a great rider/pet policy, which is ideal for my situation and my dog. I expect just as many bad days and good days, and I don't expect Central to be perfect in anyway whatsoever. I understand the fact that I'm a one-year slave to the contract, but during that time I will be fully trained and fully experienced to move on to even better companies. Thats it. Period. Expecting anything more is just fanciful thinking, and thinking anything less would probably mean you're better off at Swift (LOL!)

JohnP651 Thanks this.
  7. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

I case you wanted more reading, then sticking around to say HI... HERE is another thread for Central drivers...

JohnP651 Thanks this.
  8. JohnP651

JohnP651 Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Huntington, West Virginia
    Could not have said it any better brother!

9. JohnP651

JohnP651 Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Huntington, West Virginia
    I will for sure be taking my baby girl on the road with m! Shes my best friend and would gladly pay the 500 non-refundable pet deposit to take her with me!

10. wyldhorses

wyldhorses Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2012
    United States
    I thought after five years tickets went off your record? I'm talking of course about small things like a little speeding ticket or something like that. I thought the state took those off people's records anyway after like 5 years? How many years did it say you had to disclose on your application for tickets? Again, I'm talking about stuff like a small speeding ticket, NOT DUI's or things like that of course.

11. droflex

Jan 30, 2013
    Centralia, WA
    Yea, I think they're suppose to take off but I guess just like a credit report, if you don't check it you never know what's on there.

It's probably not the highest priority on their agenda.

If had effected me I would be all over it but I don't have time right now.

I got to thinking about it a few days ago and this is the conclusion I came up with:

I got pulled over several years ago for talking on the cell phone. Dead-to-rights, I knew what I had done.

Motorcycle cop asks me for License and proof of insurance.

I had no card because it was corporate insurance. I was insured to drive anything that didn't require a CDL.

After he comes back from his bike he hands me a pink tri-fold pamphlet. The ones that tell you the rules of the road.

He says "Don't be talking on the cell phone while driving, have a nice day".

Of course I didn't read the pamphlet, I know the rules, I broke one. I got caught.

After I got to my house I called my buddy back and said "Dodged a bullet there. He let me off with no ticket".

Over a month later, I get a notice in the mail from Department of Licensing saying my license was going to be suspended in 20 days because I didn't respond to a ticket. Fee: $550 including penalty.

I rushed to the courthouse and showed the clerk the notice and she looked it up on the computer. They had a digital image of the ticket and she said "There it is" and turned the screen so I could see it.

I said "I never got a ticket, I think I'd remember signing for one".

She scrolled down to the signature line and said "Sure enough, there's no signature".

She said I should go down stair to the police department and ask them about it.

Lady at the police department said that they don't require signatures on tickets anymore.

Huh?

Sure enough, I went online and found out they had changed the law in 1996 so that officers could give a ticket with no signature.

It's electronic now. Maybe he folded it inside that pink pamphlet (if he even gave it to me at all). I don't know. Lynnwood cops were doing some pretty shady stuff though. If I recall, the police chief ended up getting busted for something like stealing evidence. Cocaine and money I think it was.

Anyway, I got it removed by paying a $25 fee but I had to write the judge in order to do it.

That's probably what is still on my record.

####, that was long. I think my computer almost ran out of ink.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.