leaving the scene of an accident?

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by theroadagain3, Jan 15, 2007.

know anyone hiring with a leaving the scene

1. *

yes

6.7%
  2. *

no

60.0%
  3. *

yes, and I will tell u somehow

6.7%
  4. *

no, and get lost

36.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    yes.............afterall, its taking something down, causing harm. think about it.

someone is on life support equipment at thier home. the wires are knocked down, the person dies.............

a phone line is knocked down, a person is being assaulted, and they cannot call 911, then that person is killed in the assault...............

it IS an accident...........why, did you do that.........??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Slow_Starter

Slow_Starter Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Avon, Massachusetts
    Oh my. This isn't to good a thing. Best of luck to you but I don't know if you can get another job for somtime.

4. Ducks

Ducks "Token Four-Wheeler"

Jan 1, 2007
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    I would consider it an accident because there is property damage involved.

5. theroadagain3

theroadagain3 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Joplin, MO
    you can try and "pick out" anything i say and then try to use it to your advantage, but you still lose, and lose big time. i HAVE a job in trucking, and you DON'T...........that's the difference.

argue all you want, you lost this argument from your very first thread/post when you admitted you LEFT THE SCENE OF AN ACIDENT........no matter what anyone else "admits to", most of us "STAND UP" and take our lumps.........

you chose to run-a-way....................

any more arguments from you from this point are, are useless.........[/quote]
    Actually prodriver, I don't know if you've read all the comments on this page, but I can have that accident wiped off my record, so it seems that I don't 'lose', and even if I did 'lose', that would be okay, because I don't have to always be right and win all the time like some people not to name any names, but I think you get the gist.

6. theroadagain3

Jan 15, 2007
    Joplin, MO
    'We all know that once you do something that it's easier the next time?' Hmmm, I guess I'm not exactly following. I think what he meant to say there was, if you get away with something, it's easier to do next time. If you truly don't believe that the truck industry is all that bad, don't pay attention to the media. The media mostly reports lies anyway. If you pay attention to only one message in this post I hope it's this: Don't pay attention to the media, and try and actually think for yourself, I mean you supposedly are an adult, although that seems like a step towards adulthood that too many 'adults' have forgotten to make.

7. theroadagain3

Jan 15, 2007
    Joplin, MO
    If for some reason like the ice cause them to hang down, or something and you actually never left the road, I wouldn't consider it an accident, however if you knew you hit something then, it would probably be best to see if you did damage or not.

8. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    anyone can have anything wiped off any record................however........

when a "future employer" calls for a reference, they will be told by your former employer why you were let go.............did you not forget the "references checks" the future employer's would do.........???

i think you did..............hmmmmmmmmmm..........you're not thinking clearly, maybe its because your so excited by my offer for you to be my friend, oh wait, my "top friend" as you'd like to be........

you gotta remember the background checks that will be done, but go ahead and wipe away the accident, but the history of your driving is probably already in your DAC file, and that ain't "wipe-able".........

and i don't gotta "win all the time", heck, i lose every once in a while, just not to too many "leaving the scene of an accident" driver's such as someone did, but i'm not naming names.............you get the "gist" of what I'M SAYING...........

9. theroadagain3

Jan 15, 2007
    Joplin, MO
    and i don't gotta "win all the time", heck, i lose every once in a while, just not to too many "leaving the scene of an accident" driver's such as someone did, but i'm not naming names.............you get the "gist" of what I'M SAYING...........[/quote]
    That's a good point, but you seem to have forgotten one thing, and that's the fact that the industry really needs drivers, and will really need drivers for the years to come, and as I mentioned, it boils down to whether I am covered under their insurance. I am not trying to sucker a company into hiring me and then think, heh heh heh, little do they know I'm a bad driver, once I get hired on by another company I plan to be the absolute best and honest driver I can be.

10. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    I wouldn't hire you. You admitted to leaving even though you knew you backed into someones car. No it's not the same as running someone over but it still points to a lack of maral fiber and if you did that I'd be darn sure you would leave if you did run someone over.
    Heck you didn't even try to say you didn't know you hit it. You just flat out hit a car and left, knowing

11. theroadagain3

Jan 15, 2007
    Joplin, MO
    The fact that so many people are taking interest in this topic is inspiring me to actually tell the truth. Alright, like I said I backed into something while I was attempting to get back on the road, so I could go to the shipper. It was a really wacky dock, where you drive to the back of the building and dock it, however once it was time for me to leave, I didn't have enough room to even pull my truck up and swing it around to the narrow alley that takes u back to the road, so I had to pull up out of the dock, and then back down the alley, and back out onto the road. I didn't know there were any cars behind me, and I should hav checked, but essentially the aim here was to back into the street then head on to the shipper. I backed into the road, and just as I was finishing backing I heard a strange screeching noise, but I was in a big city so I figured the noise could have come from anywhere. I didn't rule it out that I couldn't have hit anything. I didn't know one way or the other, and I left to get to the shipper, bcuz like I said I was running behind. It was irresponsible on my part. Would I have done it differently, probably not, just bcuz I know that when u make huge mistakes like that u learn lessons from them, usually and I did, and also call it instinct, I knew I couldn't have possibly hurt anyone, bcuz I had the trailer pretty much jackknifed, and I had been backing it into the street for a few minutes, so obviously if for some reason a person was back there they would have moved. Would I do it differently if in the same situation again? probably. When I was told do go back to the scene I told the cop everything exactly as it happened, and u know why? Bcuz I am honest person. I could hav said, oh man, I had absolutely no idea I did that, and gotten off with a much lesser charge, but I told him look, 'I heard this noise, and I know I should hav checked it out.' I'm not going to do myself any good by lying to him. Sure, I might not have a leaving the scene on my hands, but I know lying is much too hurtful of a thing. Why would I want to put my conscience through so much agony, when having a clean conscience is the best feeling in the world. Also, when I talked to my boss about it, he said 'Well, at least you were honest about it', and I stayed with that company another 6 months, until the state of WI finally decided to suspend my license. So there are companies that will definitely hire me as soon as A:the 3 yrs. r up or B: I get it wiped off my record

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.