Legal Advice

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by bluerhino, May 7, 2024.

1. bluerhino

bluerhino Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Good morning all. iam having issue with fmcsa/brokers around end of December i had emergency travel to go take care of my mom who was ill i took to my insurance if they could lower my policy payments while iam away and truck and trailer parked they were not helpful i requested voluntary revocation of my authority to the fmcsa did required process and was granted because i did no how long i was going to be away thank to God mom recovered and i came back after 16 weeks got new insurance started to haul but facing issues with brokers treating me as a new entrant because of the fmcsa reinstatement date i got my authority 2018 please help and advice. Best Regards to all

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I don't understand what you need in legal advice, there is nothing you can really do, you are a new authority according to their insurance. IF you have built relationships with brokers, then you should be able to go to them and work with them to help you get moving again.

wis bang Thanks this.
  4. bluerhino

Mar 10, 2013
    iam moving but being treated as a new entrant after doing the right way of voluntary revocation

5. bluerhino

Mar 10, 2013
    The brokers are getting the information from fmcsa sites

6. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Because a recently re-activated authority is a high risk for double brokering.

7. bluerhino

Mar 10, 2013
    Thanks for your response do you know any attorney that specializes with fmcsa issues

8. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    There isn't anything they can do. You de-activated the authority and then re-activated it. They can't make that go away.
    At least try and get a inspection, that will help some.

9. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Contact your state trucking association for assistance

10. bluerhino

Mar 10, 2013
    Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.