Legal substances that help you relax after a long drive?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by XenonOxide, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Nice try!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Swing and a miss!

4. Slim51

Slim51 Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Maine
    I’ve almost completely replaced alcohol with flavored seltzer water. Before I stopped (still have a beer or two occasionally) drinking, I drank gin or tequila with seltzer anyway. So for me, sipping an ice cold seltzer does the trick.

5. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Had a Freightshaker Crapscadia (or similar) Walk-in Condo Automatic (with a Clutch Pedal) (4-5 year old Arn) that "supposedly" would roll triple digits. ONCE, got up to 95 in Wyoming on WB I-80, downhill gain, daylight.
    New Mexico was 75 mph, I ran 68. States with 65, I ran up to 68, not passing many trucks.
    Kookafornia, I ran 55-62, was never bothered by CHiP, I didn't like the L-O-N-G s-l-o-w lines, especially on I-40. I-10 was run according to Signage because of Banning. Texas was 65-70 except where otherwise listed.
    2 lanes were run at or below the Sign "Limit", depending upon Terrain and Day/Night as well Weather. ;)
    NEVER ANYWHERE received a speeding ticket, but did once in my 4 wheeler near home in '08, and a traffic attorney reduced to "faulty equipment". :D
    FOG reduced speeds, max 40-50, 4 ways, granny lane, 'specially at night, with/without Tain.

Never saw the "point" in Giddy up >> go <<, just to "catch up" with a blockade of traffic.
    Construction Zones were ALWAYS the Posted Limit, REGARDLESS. :cool:

I ALWAYS had TIME to Get Places. Rarely were there Pick-up/Delivery Times Altered other than further out.
    - - - - - -
    Regarding Topic:
    I was usually rather Zonked from Day adventures, so west-n-wewaxsachun towards sleeping were usually not too problematic after a full body wet wipes procedure and clean threads.

ONLY "legal substances" were utilized.

CHEERS!!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
    Reason for edit: morbitz.
    Brandt Thanks this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Fall asleep- put on a movie I've seen a few hundred times.

They haven't made any decent movies for about 10 years, so there's a large selection.

7. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    I read… and…… fall…. Asleep while doing so….. LOL

8. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    Or a bullet to the head.

tscottme, Friend and N00bLaLoosh Thank this.
  9. XenonOxide

XenonOxide Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2022
    Lol honestly school bus driving isn't that bad. It really gave me the confidence to believe I can move up to handling bigger vehicles. Plus if you don't come in with a grumpy attitude... surprisingly the kids mostly behave and I don't really have to worry.

10. Jenkins2020

Jenkins2020 Light Load Member

May 28, 2020
    not so much the kids but dealing with the parents that I couldn't be bothered with.

RockinChair, N00bLaLoosh and Friend Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.