Let's hear from some team drivers why their company is the best

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by #1Phantom309, Aug 22, 2017.

1. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Oh well ####. I guess that makes things handy. I guess they didn't get where they are by not being savvy

Banker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zigzag777

Zigzag777 Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Down Yonder
    From what I've seen, the white trucks with sleepers are not short wheelbase like the brown day cabs. The UPS freight (team) trucks look pretty normal to me.

I haven't noticed the LPG trucks yet, so I could be wrong about the setup.

4. CorsairFanboy

CorsairFanboy Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    So what ended up happening?

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I would not either.

I have done team in relatively short tractors and sleepers and everything is stowed and the crash net is up. Part of my habits related to extreme amounts of sleeper material is to be able to build a nest in one corner and be more insulated from the worst of the bumps. This was back in the horrible days of half airbags and not full airride.

Full locking rears are relatively rare. If you have one in yours, hold on to it.

6. enzosbike

enzosbike Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2020
    You really have to look again and again at the different companies, hopefully from a different perspective each time so you get a good total idea of what the company is really like to work for. I run pharma with my ol' lady. Been doing that the past 4 years. Total of 35 years otr for me. We looked into R&L. Most of their drivers are always so nasty to other drivers, esp in Ohio and on the PA pike where we run a lot. Also their trucks are faster than most. That tells you the company is more concerned with getting the miles run and not about safety. Nowadays you really have to cover your rear safety wise or one of those shark attorneys like the hammer will have you going to jail in an injury accident because your eld tells them you were going 3 mph over the speed limit. I drove for Estes for a short time. In some terminals depending on how the manager runs the place you need to wear kneepads to get anything. Also truck maintenance is an issue at some of the smaller terminals that don't have full time repair shops on the premises. In those terminals the manager makes his bottom line look good by not doing the repairs on his budget at his location, instead sending the trucks down the line to the big hub so they will get repaired there. You end up being forced to drive an out of service truck to the next terminal. Remember what I said about about the kneepads? If you aren't wearing them the manager won't hesitate to throw you under the bus and not get your truck fixed when you need to put it out of service for repair. I know all this because I've been there and done that, and I'm not the kind who goes around with a pair of kneepads on.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.