Lets See Your First Truck!

Discussion in 'Truckers' Photo Shack | Art Gallery' started by lefty91101, May 31, 2009.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Tommy, you went full circle. T600 and now back to one.

Nice looking trucks.

What made you go back to the KW over the Pete?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TommyZ

TommyZ Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Miami,FL

Well after my frist kw I got the short nose pete and I loved it. But I would see the big boys with the extended hoods and I wanted one. So I got one, What an awsome truck.. But then it really started hurting my pocket.
    That pete would barely get 5 mpg when My first kw would get 6.8 to 7.2 mpg all day. Then back in 2008 when the fuel was almost $5 a gallon I had to stop trucking all in all.. So I decided to back to my roots and i found the kw I have now , this thing has a C12 CAT and somtimes this truck will avrage almost 8 mpg and it pulls as good as any other truck .

bowtie_guy and The Challenger Thank this.
  4. oenrolo

oenrolo Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Well, had the loads before the truck too, so it all came together well. My lighting company needed something bigger than a box truck when someone I knew offered the truck. Researched it and thought it was a good enough deal to jump on it before getting the CDL. Having your own truck makes it getting one a lot easier too.

5. CumminsCrazed

CumminsCrazed Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Mason City, Iowa
    My first truck i drove was a 95 Ford L8000 straight truck (concrete mixer) Had a 9 or 10 spd E/F in it and an old P pumped 8.3L Cummins.

The current truck i drive is an 06 International 9900i with a Cummins ISX 435 and an E/F 13 spd. Only a day cab truck as its for farm use (hauling grain from fields to various local places) and it has a Wilson Commander grain trailer.

[​IMG]

The Challenger Thanks this.
  6. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    1995 KW900L 485 Detroit 10sp OD. 3:70 only pic I have on hand. Next time I think of it; I'll take some better ones to get proud on.

Attached Files:

7. Mainframe

Mainframe Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2010
    beloit, wi
    I hope we can include lease trucks here. I decorated (altered?) this myself. It's not finished, yet.
    No they are not rockets, they are ion pulse cannons. the thing on the back is a turbogenerator because you can't pull 600,000 volts off of the engine....
    New pix soon, as soon as i get time, some things have changed on the truck...

Attached Files:

8. bigo1969

bigo1969 Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2007
    florida
    04' classic, old [​IMG]England truck.

9. Mainframe

Jan 3, 2010
    beloit, wi
    Found my memory card with the new graphics on the truck, but it's still not finished!
    That aluminum keeps my upper body strength up, I like the gleam....
    I use John Deere Ultra Metal polish, my aluminum you can comb your hair in. The paint is protected by John Deere All-Purpose polish. it is not wax, can be put on in full sun, lasts up to a year, no abrasive, and best of all, UV balanced. Good for smooth plastic, like those light on a Volvo, and helps prevent that fogging with regular use in between and after washing. I also use it on my glass to repel rain
    (Geez, I'm sounding like a blasted commercial....):biggrin_25513:
    I'll try to get the pix in the next post.....quick...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  10. Mainframe

Jan 3, 2010
    beloit, wi
    here they are....

Attached Files:

11. Trashtrucker1265

Trashtrucker1265 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Ummm, no offense here but I would expect to see that Freightshaker pulling containers out of the Port of Miami looking like that, less is more sometimes...........

But I'm sure you like it so don't let me offend you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.