Lets See Your First Truck!

Discussion in 'Truckers' Photo Shack | Art Gallery' started by lefty91101, May 31, 2009.

1. Gears

Gears Trucker Forum STAFF - Gone, But Not Forgotten.

Aug 20, 2009
    Tough call. The FLD had an 18spd compared to the 10 the Century had. FLD had optimum idle which was nice, but overall, the Century would get my vote. Easier to maneuver, better fuel economy and I think better lookin'

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sequoia

Sequoia Road Train Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Aww, this brought back memories...like how much of a pain it was to get into this inside dock! :biggrin_25510:

[​IMG]

4. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    WHY? looks like you did ok?

5. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    That FLD looks nice though. Red with chrome rims and caps. However, the Century looks better. :)

KH

6. Sequoia

Dec 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Well, yeah. It took 45 minutes and that was an inside dock. The amount of clearance on the right side was about the same clearance I had on the left side.

When I was parked, this is the amount of room I had in front of me. Note the drainage ditch.
    [​IMG]

and this was part of the parking lot.
    [​IMG]

but I digress.

Oh hey, I found a pic of my trainer's truck so I guess that would be the first truck I started in.

[​IMG]

7. kwforage

kwforage Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I was going to say that inside dock doesn't look that bad, and that I back into receiving bays all the time not much bigger than that, but...............

then I seen how much clearance you had to the front and sides and decided you weren't such a bad driver after all. :biggrin_2559:

8. Sequoia

Dec 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Now granted I'm not with Werner any more. Sadly because of the space involved I couldn't just slide the tandems back and be done with it. See? Not all Werner drivers are bad. :)

9. The Challenger

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Why did you have a 04' with the newer bumper and lights that the 05' and newer models have??? That combination looks weird but really cool and unique. Also was that a super ten???

KH

10. Sequoia

Dec 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Lol..ask the driver who had that truck before me! That's exactly how I got it when I picked it up in Omaha. It was actually a 9-speed.

11. The Challenger

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Wow momm mia that explains all of it.

KH

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.