Lets See Your First Truck!

Discussion in 'Truckers' Photo Shack | Art Gallery' started by lefty91101, May 31, 2009.

1. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    This is my first truck. 07' "Super Century" Not mine. It was a company truck that my instructor made sure I ended up with when he had to let it go right as I finished my 60K miles with a trainer as he had to let it go and take over his wife's lease because she had a stroke. He said I worked really hard, I earned it and made sure I got the key's because I was the best "####" student he ever had and even though the company gave me hell about it in the end, I thank him greatly for it. This truck was so well liked that he got a new 387 Pete in the same color with the same decals.

I took these picture's in Springfield, MO. winter of 09' at the Kraft cave's after a wash and hand polish. It was cold as hell that day and it maybe a company truck, but I show nothing but pride in what I do.

Attached Files:

The Challenger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RoughHouse

RoughHouse Light Load Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    I have to admit, that is one of the nicer Century's I've seen. Good looking well kept truck.

Skunk_Truck_2590 Thanks this.
  4. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Yea, normally all the Centuries are far over loaded with light's and really don't look good. I tried to keep it tasteful when I bought chrome careful not to go over board. It was right at $200 just to do up the whole dash with the switch bezel's, brake knob's and such. I installed flexible blue 12v LED strip's from walmart for cheap and had to hard wire them in and a set of blue LED back lit "missle switch's" with three to a box and mounted two of those on top of my CB in the empty space in the CB hole over head. Those were supposed to plus into a cigerette lighter but I cut the end's off and hard wired everything.

It was a mass cluster of wire's by the time I was done but I made everything to be easily removed but yet you couldn't see a single wire. I installed blue neon's under the door's over the tank's which were also wired to a toggle on one of the box's so each set of light's could be turned on and off independantly. I had just installed a set of blue LED weather proof bar's in the grill a couple week's before I turned the truck in. It only took about an all total of 2 hour's to removed everything and no damage left to the truck. It turned some head's on the yard and several people came over and asked how I did it and why I did it to a company truck.

I left nothing behind when I turned the truck in and all my chrome and light's are boxed up. Everything I have but the dash switch bezel's will work on any truck but the bezel's will only fit a Century or Columbia. All the wiring took about a total time of 3 day's which I did a little here and there while sitting in dock's or killing time.

One guy actually offered to pay me to do the same to his truck because I did such an awsome job for someone who's never done that kind of work before, but I told him we would both have to take home time at the yard to have the time to do it and I wasn't really looking to let go of home time so.

Sense I had the sleeper window's to my advantage (I love those #### things) I mounted those LED strip's in the back too as well as under the dash on both side's facing the floor board. Kept the top bunk folded up, a flag on the back wall and a black light mounted to the under side of the top bunk. All black bedding. Cabnet's had full door's instead of those #### net's. Everything stayed wiped down with Armoral wipes, skull floor mat's in the front and carpet in the back with a Pioneer 760 watt and Rockford Fozegate 500 watt amp mounted behind the passenger seat and a box holding two 12's that fit perfectly on the floor infront of the bunk and the way I hooked it all up was using the factory speaker's as mid's and high's and my box for sub.

I should have gotten picture's of the inside but never really gave it any thought. In the side shot's you can see one of the blue LED strips in the top right corner of the driver side window. And a matching set of K-40 20K watt coil antenna's that I had tuned with a suped up Galaxy 959 to top it off.

I was so #### proud of that truck (even though what was under the hood wasn't worth a ####) that I even broke down on my home time and hand waxed the whole #### thing. Nothing but pride in my job plus the way I looked at it, if I have to live in it while I work I might as well keep it looking good.

Another thing I forgot about was the trailer air line's. I removed the coiled one's that came from the factory after I bought a set of straight line's. I left the coiled one's here at the house and swapped it all back when I left. I tired of fighting with those POS air lines that came on the truck getting tangled up all the time. All in all it was about $1,300 for everything I bought if I didn't already have it.

5. trucker lloyd

trucker lloyd Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2010
    leoma,tn
    mine use to look like that,all new and shiny.lol.i like it.

6. midnight man

midnight man Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Lancing Tn
    [​IMG]my 1st truck after i got her fixed up. 6v 92 and a 9

7. Gr8oldies

Gr8oldies Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    My first truck was a Tonka :biggrin_2559:

[​IMG]

Lilbit Thanks this.
  8. Rockford

Rockford Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Scan_Pic0001.jpg
    This was the first truck I owned, 95 T600. Wish I still had it.

overfloater Thanks this.
  9. KO1927

KO1927 Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    NH
    1952 Mack LTSW - I can't work with it, but it sure is a fun toy.

[​IMG]

10. Gr8oldies

Gr8oldies Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    That is one sweet Bulldog!!!!!!!:biggrin_25514:

KO1927 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.