Life at American Central Transport (ACT)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by BigKid2, Apr 13, 2011.

1. BigKid2

BigKid2 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    Drove through Birmingham yesterday and the whole area just north of the Pilot on US 78 is all wiped out. Then today I drove through Ringgold,Ga and that area is pretty much wiped out also. There was a Ruby Tuesdays that pretty much all collapsed on itself.

After delivering in Newnan,Ga at Petsmart I loaded paper in Krannert,Ga going to Middletown,Oh but I am swapping with a guy as soon as he gets here in Knoxville,Tn and taking his load to Kansas City and dropping it at the yard.

digger_423 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. biker dave

biker dave Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2010
    pittsburgh,pa
    .04 cent per mile on all loads,(are you sure) most companys just pay extra for hazmat ONLY loads, therefore not worth paying the 120 dollars to get hazmat

4. BigKid2

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes I am sure. If you have a hazmat endorsement you get .98 per loaded mile +fsc and if you do not have it you get .94 per loaded mile +fsc.

digger_423 Thanks this.
  5. truckerim2055

truckerim2055 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Ochelata ok
    About how much is your fixed expenses on the truck.

6. BigKid2

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    732.01 per week includes truck payment, insurance, work comp and everything else.

digger_423 Thanks this.
  7. BigKid2

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    Krannert,Ga to Knoxville,Tn where I swapped with a guy and took his load to Kansas City,Mo and dropped at yard.
    Des Moines,Ia to Ft Recovery,Oh
    Wabash,In to Kansas City,Ks
    Kansas City,Mo to Newton,Ia for a second pickup to Plainfield,In

8. BigKid2

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    Ran numbers through the calculator again since I left orientation I have been paid for 18061 miles and taken home $10101.98 which comes out to $.559 per mile after my .07 per mile is already taken out for my maintenance account. Fuel has cost me $10750.23 which breaks down to $.595 per mile. Not too bad.:biggrin_255:

digger_423 Thanks this.
  9. dave_0755

dave_0755 Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Jonesboro,AR
    I see you are running a lot but your not posting your hometime. Are you getting home? Seemed like you were getting home a lot more with Risinger.

Also how is it working for Risinger and ACT if you already have your own truck. I know you did the lease purchase deal with both. I know ACT really pushes the lease purchase hard. I've heard more than one person say they basically try to shove a lease purchase deal down your throat.

I'm just curious because I contacted ACT and they said I would have to bring my truck to KC and have it inspected in their shop. My truck is an 04 KW and its not in bad condition at all. I would say above average for most O/O trucks I've seen on the road. Still they said I couldn't even take it to KW or Freightliner and have it DOT'ed. They wouldn't accept anything except for them to inspect it there in KC. It just seemed to me that they would try to turn it down in hopes that I would accept the lease purchase deal just to go to work for them. Maybe I'm looking into it too much.

Regardless. Considering that I own my own truck and love my hometime which company would you say would be better Bigkid? Thanks for the posts.

10. BigKid2

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    I have not taken any extended timeoff yet at ACT like I did at Risinger but I have been home for a few weekends. The reason I have not taken off as much is I have a couple vacations planned coming up this summer. Going to Las Vegas the beginning of next month to play in the World Series of Poker for 2 weeks is one of them.

If your truck is in good condition I would not worry about their inspection we have several guys with trucks that are about the same age as yours so I don't think ACT is trying to screw you over. As for which one to choose it kind of depends on a few things. You will probably get more miles at Risinger but I feel ACT's freight is more driver friendly or lighter. ACT pays .08 more per mile. ACT I feel cares a hell of a lot more about their drivers and overall has higher quality drivers which shows with a lot better CSA scores. Half of Risinger's drivers barely speak English. Risinger has a ton of short loads of like less than 200 miles. ACT quite often gives you a choice of 3 loads to pick from.

My Grandmother grew up in Nettleton and I still have family that lives there.

digger_423 Thanks this.
  11. TruckerGsch

TruckerGsch Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ
    How log did it take to do the 18060 miles?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.