Life at American Central Transport (ACT)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by BigKid2, Apr 13, 2011.

1. BigKid2

BigKid2 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    Left orientation March 17th through May 2nd when last weekly pay period ended.

digger_423 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dave_0755

dave_0755 Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Jonesboro,AR
    Thx for the response bigkid. Also I was wanting to know about the qualcomm. I saw you posted that Risinger had a rule where your logs had to match the qualcomm. Is ACT the same?

I haven't ran a qualcomm for years. In fact the last time I ran one was about 11 years ago when I drove for Swift and it was a nightmare with them. If it was a hot load they didn't care what the computer said but if I was in an area where the freight was slow or if I wanted to get home, then they would start throwing a fit saying my hours was up on the qualcomm.

I don't want to have this problem with another company. So how is ACT with theres?

digger_423 Thanks this.
  4. BigKid2

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    ACT has Qualcomm also and they say you have to match everything within a half hour. So far I have been pushing it just to see what I can get away with and they have not said anything.

digger_423 Thanks this.
  5. dave_0755

dave_0755 Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Jonesboro,AR
    i just hate the qualcomms. I started driving in 2001 and the big talk back then was that every truck and trucking company on the road was going to have to install them. Now I hear that in addition to that now every truck is going to have to install the electronic logs as well.

It's 2011 now and I haven't used a qualcomm since around '03. I've never used the electronic logs. I'm not looking forward to it either. I just found a local company i am thinking of leasing my truck onto. They have been in business for over 20 years and have never used qualcomm's or electronic logs. When I called I didn't speak to a recuiter. The owner of the company answered the phone and stayed on the phone until all my questions were answered.

I think the old days of an actual person instead of a computer running the company is going away very fast. I guess I'm looking for the old school trucking company. Thanks for the info.

digger_423 Thanks this.
  6. BigKid2

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    Loaded yesterday in Indianapolis and deliver in Hernando,Ms on Monday morning so I am home til Sunday afternoon.

digger_423 Thanks this.
  7. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    bk, have you talked to any o/o that brought there own trucks to act, any feedback on that? thanks.:biggrin_2556:

8. BigKid2

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes I have and they pretty much like it. I have also talked to several who were leasing and paid their truck off and it is now theirs. There is really no difference in the miles they get if they already have a truck.

9. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Fish , how's it going at SPCR

Pm me !!!

10. Bucktrucker

Bucktrucker Medium Load Member

Dec 10, 2008
    ON THE ROAD SOMEWHERE
    They had a points system for logs don't know if they still do or not. Glad to see its working out for you over there. They could never keep me busy enough but maybe things have changed.

11. BigKid2

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    They still do have the points system. I am staying busy enough to make good money but I would always like to be busier. I am one where I am mad if I don't hit my 70 hour max every day.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.