life at Roehl ...grc

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by grc56_tn, Jul 19, 2009.

1. spinpsychle

spinpsychle Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2008
    New Brighton, MN
    Last October in Kaukauna, a guy told me "Roehl can't keep anybody." I'm still here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ang1sgt

ang1sgt Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    grc56_tn,

Thank you for your posts! As a fellow going into training next week and in the same age bracket as you, it is good to see that guys our age can start out and make it with this career change. Folks like you help me to see that my future can be a little brighter.

Thanks

4. tjordan

tjordan Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2009
    lancaster sc
    i have a couple of friends that have been with roehl for over 5 years an thay seen to like it thay say its not perfect but its alot better than where thay were

5. grc56_tn

grc56_tn Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2009
    all over
    well ..... another day down ..... lol ..... to date since last saturday, I've driven 1910 miles of our truck total of 3313 miles ..... I can still say I like it .... tiring but good ..... tomorrow we do a relay in Texarcana picking up an empty trailer and going to Fort Smith Ar to live load to Wisconsin...... then my trainer has off since he's a 7/7 driver and I get a different trainer who will basicly drop me off in Knoxville for my break ...... my current trainer said he is recommending that starting sunday, time counts toward (and I receive pay) for Evo II ..... he is comfortable enough with me that we are acting more like team drivers (he actually gets in the bunk for a nap) .... now that's a brave man ..... lol .....

jt .... I hope your training is going well ....

ang1sgt .... all I can say to you is keep a positive attitude ..... you'll have good days as well as bad ....just don't let the bad get to ya ..... I am still happy with the choice I made to drive and with Roehl as my employer ...... good luck to ya ..... keep us posted as to how your doing and if I can be of any help, just ask (within reason ...lol)

6. GypsyWillowDusk72

GypsyWillowDusk72 Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    He better stick to legal logging. They will nail you for log violations big time.

7. GypsyWillowDusk72

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    Good luck with the DRG. They revise it every quarter. Don't forget the fine print. Oh and by the way......they disregard the DRG and do what they want when it suites them.

8. GypsyWillowDusk72

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    You have a flatbed trainer because there is no freight for flatbedders and they are either pulling vans, refeers or curtainsides.

9. GypsyWillowDusk72

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    Wait you will experience first hand what the "gripping" is about.

10. tjordan

tjordan Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2009
    lancaster sc
    today was my first day things went well we started at7 am an finished at 9 pm my trainer said i was doin so good he took a nap

11. buck bundy

buck bundy Bobtail Member

May 10, 2009
    gurnee, il
    grc... Glad to here that things are going so well for you. I for one will be interested in your mile updates.

I think that Roehl has been more than fair, from what I have seen so far. The only thing that didn't happen the way they said was that there were no trainers to pick any of us up. We all got sent home until Monday. Which is good & bad. More time with the family is always good, longer before getting paid is bad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.