lifted truck-using axle straps vs thru the wheels vs chains help

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Rockwind1, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Rockwind1

Rockwind1 Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2022
    i am hauling a 2016 toyota 4runner, all decked out and expensive. my trailer is a bigtex 14ee-20". the side stake pockets are my anchor points,, big tool box on tongue so not much forward. this thing is proving to be more difficult to secure than i would have thought. it has a fancy aftermarket suspension on it so i don't want to squish down the suspension by hooking to the above suspension area. i was going to use axle straps on rear axle but just a ton of #### in the way that i don't want to break,, like the brake lines ,,,,, and it doesn't even have a front axle. so it looks like i need to run my axle straps through the wheels,, my trailer attachement points are mostly on the side of the trailer in assorted spots, so the pulling load will be sort of mildly pulling the front tires into a "toe-out" manner. same on rear tires but not as worried about those.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    I would probably put the strap through the wheel, loop it or tear drop it around the wheel if possible and if the tires are right at the edge of the trailer, go from the wheel to opposite side of the trailer so the straps make an x shape at front and rear.

Numb Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.